I noticed when I go to compose a new email and I type in the persons name, for example john, all names containing either john in them, or any of the letters in john, or any emails that I have received in the past containing any of the letters, automatically show up.

I would like to delete this history. I know about deleting the browser's history, cache, passwords, cookies, ect... But is there any way to delete the history of names that come up when composing an email?

Thank You.
    03-28-11 09:19 PM
    Go to Messges > Options > Message Display and Actions. Scroll down to "Show Recent Contacts When Composing Email". Uncheck. That should do it. ~ecm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    MR FEDZ, tbrenn and ghostryder12 like this.
    03-29-11 01:00 PM
    Awesome tip. Thanks Elessar

03-29-11 09:13 PM
    Go to Messges > Options > Message Display and Actions. Scroll down to "Show Recent Contacts When Composing Email". Uncheck. That should do it. ~ecm

Thank you so much for your help. This is eaxtly what I was looking for. I wasn't sure if I explained it correctly in my post. Thanks again.

03-30-11 05:33 PM
    Glad to help. ~ecm

03-30-11 07:51 PM
    Aight you stopped it from showing but do you want to delete it? After all if you select to "show" then there you are again. So to delete the system cache you need to restart/battery pull. Now I understand that you don't want to do this after every message but with your selection and a reset every other day or weekly should keep the cache low.

03-31-11 02:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD