Hey, all. So, I've got a case of a little 'ghost' living inside my Torch. My homescreen icons/applications seem to be moving around on their own. Particularly, the ones at the 'bottom' of my homescreen ( BB Maps, Camera Yellow Pages, if it matters at all) always seem to be in different locations than where I placed them. I'll go and move them back to where I want them, and then they'll move again. I think I recall this being a problem with other people? Any tips for stabilizing these icons ( getting rid of my ghost)?
    11-26-10 03:34 PM
    I find this an issue on my "Favourites" tab- and they disappear/certain ones appear as default if I battery pull. Perhaps it's an OS bug?
    11-26-10 05:34 PM
    You're not by chance looking at the "all" screen one time and then the "frequent" screen the next are you? If not, its ghosts then bahahahaha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-10 06:49 PM
    This happens in the 'All' screen.
    11-27-10 07:41 AM
    roflmao
    There is no "ghost in the machine". This is a known bug with the torch's OS. Some have said that upgrading to .337 fixes it, while others report that upgrading did nothing.

At the moment(if .337 doesn't work) there is no fix other then to just keep moving them yourself, or use a third party theme that gets rid of the "tabs" in the stock theme.

Have a look at the theme section, might find something you like and will take care of that situation.

BlackBerry Torch 9800 Themes - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    11-27-10 07:49 AM
    Yeah, I am using .337. I do like my theme, so I guess I'll just hope for a bug fix in the next OS. Thanks for the advice. If anyone finds any other suggestions, please pass them on.
    11-27-10 12:14 PM
    the favorites tab is like the bain of my existence, sms keeps disappearing (and its the only one that does) I don't understand why its irking me so much but apparently this phones purpose is to just annoy me with that
    12-06-10 12:11 AM
    I'm pretty positive I had this bug too, but if you download a different theme, it shouldn't do that unless that theme has the issue too. I personally hate the tabs so I got a new theme as soon as I could.
    12-06-10 06:34 AM
    I'm pretty positive I had this bug too, but if you download a different theme, it shouldn't do that unless that theme has the issue too. I personally hate the tabs so I got a new theme as soon as I could.
    Is there a theme with no tabs? really would like to try it as I hate tabs too.
    Can you point out?
    Would I be able to change the height of the tab or increase the number of icons on the home screen ?
    12-06-10 07:49 AM
    Try looking here.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f220/
    m.seif likes this.
    12-06-10 07:56 AM
    Thanks again, how can I restore the old original theme if I want to ?
    12-06-10 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD