I wanted to try out blackberry 6.0. I was excited i went to att and to my dismay android still alot faster. I love blackberry but if this there attempt to have faster web browsing all i have to say i.am disappointed. I bet email is ok but i don't want to wait for web browsing. Blackberry is still a joke right now.
    You may want to get a netbook. I hear those are really good for surfing the web.

08-12-10 03:11 PM
    Honestly people will never be happy, so who cares...omg, my net took 15 seconds too long!

Really, well maybe blink a few more times and take a deep breath, it will load...I am in a losing battle here though is people want browsing speed so fast that when they blink once, it is loaded..in a nano second. Eventually that won't be fast enough either...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-10 03:38 PM
    Yes Android is faster for surfing but who cares, Blackberry isnt THAT MUCH slower. What about messaging...emails... who's faster? Yes Blackberry! What about all the shortcuts that BB's offer that makes performing different tasks so much faster than Android. Battery life? .. Blackberry still wins. Anyways i own the new Vibrant and love it... it is fantastic in so many ways but as a professional working tool ... my 9700 wins. As far as apps, browsing, screen, and fun factor ... Android hands down. Just have to choose whats more important to you. No point in bashing one or the other. ( Can't comment on 9800 as i havent tried one yet )
    * And i agree with BoldtotheMax about pple never being happy ...how fast is fast enough?
    08-12-10 04:40 PM
    Loving my 2 Torch phones.
    08-12-10 04:42 PM
    Loving my 2 Torch phones.
    Then i would get that 9550 (Storm 2) off my profile ASAP !
    08-12-10 04:53 PM
    I wanted to try out blackberry 6.0. I was excited i went to att and to my dismay android still alot faster. I love blackberry but if this there attempt to have faster web browsing all i have to say i.am disappointed. I bet email is ok but i don't want to wait for web browsing. Blackberry is still a joke right now.
    If you are perfectly happy with your Droid then why the exitement? Couldn't you read the reviews? I guess you may not be be that satisfied.
    From personal experience everytime I've asked a friend to show me their Droid they couldn't. At the end of the day they were out of battery. One even told be this was to be expected from a smartphone!!

I've tried the Samsung Spica with Android 2.1. It's great for many things like web browsing and youtube. But honestly it's still a pain to surf the web with a phone. My advice if you need the web to work on the move. Buy an UMPC, a netbook, a tablet or an iPad. I've been using an ultraportable PC with integrated 3G for years. But Android is really poor on other essential sides. No real/full Exchange support. No decent battery life. No good physical keyboard.

Being perfectly happy with my 9700. I'm not exited with the 9800. Plus I can't get it now where I am.
    08-12-10 06:55 PM
    I can honestly say I am thrilled with my torch. I love this phone. Great combo of touch screen and physical keyboard. Lovin it!

08-12-10 08:41 PM
    I'm just curious about how many of us blackberry users visiting a non blackberry forums and waisting our times there...probably non or very few..
    08-12-10 09:54 PM
    me too disappointed. it's going back. 5 years ago this would have been great
    it's basically a palm pre.. same uncomfortable ridge around the keyboard
    Last edited by Shawnfb; 08-12-10 at 10:01 PM.
    08-12-10 09:56 PM
    08-12-10 10:03 PM
    You may want to get a netbook. I hear those are really good for surfing the web.

nothing would make me happier than if my netbook made phone calls! i would need one big *** holster for it though...
    08-12-10 10:21 PM
    Ah, this is so pleasing and informative for me. No one likes to have their product bashed and blackberry users are very vocal and defensive. We all like the blackberry experience and hope for improvements. There are those of us who like a physical keyboard and others that like the virtual keyboard. My fingers are to large for the physical keyboard but my storm virtual keyboard is the best hands down than any competitors.

I do a lot of comparison shopping because I can upgrade now. I did not buy the Droid X, or the Droid 2 because at the store with full signal, the web pages loaded slowly, in my opinion. If my S1 loads almost as fast, why buy the latest and greatest.

Now what this thread has told me is that the 9800, even with the new Web Kit is not much faster than than the S1 loading web pages, even though the 9800 has a real browser.

Other threads tell me that there are basically the same "idiosyncrasy attributes" with the 9800 as with all other models of our beloved blackberry's.

So, I continue to wait for a unit that does what I think is most important.
    08-13-10 07:52 AM
    We are on a forum, correct? Or am I mistaken.

Forums are all about opinions on a product. In this case, the 9800. He is just posting his experience about the 9800, just like the rest (except everyone else has positive things to say about it)and comparing it to an android device.

You need to relax and loosen the panties you are wearing.
    Well that's all true of course but look at the OP's forum name and then look at his signature and now tell me if you think he will offer up something positive to say?
    08-13-10 08:01 AM
    LOL.. you're a hard man to please. 5 years ago, you probably had no idea what a smartphone was but hey look, i can exaggerate a point too!
    08-13-10 09:07 AM
    I did not buy the Droid X, or the Droid 2 because at the store with full signal, the web pages loaded slowly, in my opinion. If my S1 loads almost as fast, why buy the latest and greatest.
    The Driod X or the Droid 2 would load pages faster than an s1 even with NO internet connection.
    08-13-10 09:14 AM
    I saw the title of this thread and thought it was actually someone who had bought and used the phone all day yesterday, not some troll who played with the in-store display model for a few minutes. This thread is worthless.
    08-13-10 09:24 AM
    I saw the title of this thread and thought it was actually someone who had bought and used the phone all day yesterday, not some troll who played with the in-store display model for a few minutes. This thread is worthless.
    I don't think it's worthless. The torch will EASILY sell to current BB users, which is great from RIM. But, what would really help them would be to get a lot of NEW BB users from the release of this device. So if your going to AT&T to try out a Torch vs. an iPhone or Droid, and it doesn't compare to what the competition can do, then no potential new users will buy it. There are still A LOT of people out there who don't need email on the go and wont buy a BB because the want media, web browsing, and games. RIM is a big enough entity where they should be able to make a BB capable of handling both ends of the market.

To give my 2 cents, I have a Tour and went and checked out the Torch to get a feel for OS6 and all the new specs, and I wasn't overly impressed either. I think OS6 as a whole will be great, definitely more efficient and user friendly, but as for web browsing and screen resolution, the iPhone and Captive blew the Torch away. And, i know, screen resolution isn't the end all, be all for phones, I just think it's surprising that RIM didn't try and up the resolution a bit for this new device.
    08-13-10 09:46 AM
    The Driod X or the Droid 2 would load pages faster than an s1 even with NO internet connection.
    Even my Spica loads page faster than my Bold 9700!! Let's be honest. To surf the web Android is the best with a 4" screen. iPhone is great too but I prefer a larger screen than a small high resolution one.

it's basically a palm pre.. same uncomfortable ridge around the keyboard
    Well this is a very important feedback. I look forward to try the 9800 keyboard.
    Now the 9800 vs pr� has a decent battery life :-)

I'm just curious about how many of us blackberry users visiting a non blackberry forums and waisting our times there...probably non or very few..
    Yeah I think this is really useless. Maybe even stupid. Because when I try a new phone. Meaning I use it as my main phone for few days not 5 minutes in the store. I gather as many intel as I can before buying and using it. And I check that the software I need is available. From my expirience switching phone without planning sucks. I remember when I bought the first iPhone. I lost my phone plan (which was great) to the iPhone one. Which ended up costing me 4x my usual phone bill. And only to conclude that it was nowhere near ready for prime time with me (no exchange, no apps at that time, and no real keyboard). And even when planned you can hate the form factor in the end. What's annoying the first few days can become unbearable in the long run :-( But I don't post to bash. This is not helping anyone. If the phone falls short on one area then I ask others how they do. And I get feedback. Then I can conclude if the device suit my needs. But most questions are already answered.
    08-16-10 12:21 PM
    the best way to get responses to your thread this day..
    is to have "negativity" on it and display some " stupidity".
    add some bashing and comparing with the other platforms..
    and lo and behold, it will gather a lot of traffic..
    i feel sorry for those with real concerns and issues like "how do i transfer this and that to my new phone" which gets burried in thread.

IGNORE BUTTON please. i want one!
    08-16-10 12:31 PM
    IGNORE BUTTON please. i want one!
    That would be great. ~Sidenote, Mark your constant use of italics is freaking killing me!
    08-16-10 12:48 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD