thanks for your help..... i have two mobile phones, two seperate lines;

basically, i had to swap sim cards in my Torch 9800... the sim card i put into my Torch was previously used on a bb device (a curve) but this many years ago, most recently this sim card it was in my iphone, but the number/account had bb service on it the whole time;

so i put the new sim card in the Torch and it registered with the bb network..... but when i went to email setup, as i wanted to edit the account(s) i was using on the phone, a message came up asking me if i wanted to merge email accounts or something with an old device.... i assume this had something to do with the old curve or something so i said yes and it deleted all the email accounts on the device!!!;

so when i went to reload my rogers.blackberry email address on the device, it said it didnt exist so i created it again and it works but the email icon on the homescreen is faded and bebuzzseem to be recognizing the email and the indicator light doenst flash when a new message arrives;

i tried resending my service book but didnt seem to help; everything else works fine including bb mesenger and internet;

any thoughts?;

thanks
    Last edited by yardwork2009; 11-10-11 at 09:00 PM. Reason: error
    11-10-11 08:56 PM
    Try a couple of things, this sounds very strange.

1. Delete the email account then do battery pull, then re-sync the email account
    2. Call rogers if that doesn't work and see if its a service issue possibly.
    3. Re-install the OS and try again.

Definately not something i've ever heard of if your BIS is active, I've seen this happen when a person didn't have BIS services, but if you have BIS activated very abnormal.
    11-10-11 09:20 PM
    thx..... fixed the issue.... not sure what did it but like you said i rebooted the device, removed the email and re-synched it and the icon was still grayed...... but then i held the icon down and unhid it and then rebooted the device and everything works fine again;
    11-10-11 09:25 PM
    Glad I could be of some assistance, sounds like your icon was hidden and just an OS/Service error.

Doing a battery pull can reset your network sometimes, so that could have helped.
    11-11-11 03:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD