Hello, I think my blackberry has huge battery problems, when I charge my BB the battery icon on screen show this:

Yesterday my battery drains in 5 hours, I charged my phone and unplug at 8pm and today in the morning at 7am the phone is off, without battery.

The battery icon have the "plug icon" when its not charge at 100%. The icon of the plug is intermittent, the thunderbolt icon shows, for 1 minute (sometimes 2-3-4 minutes), then shows the plug icon for 5 seconds and return to thunderbolt icon, and so on. And the phone gets hot on the part of media card.

Im running 6.0.0.600 BETA.

Is strange, this pass me every 3-4 months, I wipe my BB and its go normal again, but this time I wipe my BB and the problem persist. And now I see other problem with media card, before 2 weeks I see my BB is slow when I send a picture with BBM it take much time to load the picture gallery, I removed my media card and my PC cant read the media card. Now with main memory it goes fast, but not resolve the battery problem.

Here is another screenshoot on May 5 (wipe and the phone goes normal/running 6.0.0.448)

What is the problem? I need to buy a new battery? What is your opinion?

Thanks in advance.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    09-28-11 03:25 PM
    I am using the official OS 6.0.0.600 from Rogers and when my phone is charging it have a lightning flashing on and off indicating that the phone is charging when I use my phone while its charging that happens to me sometimes the phone won't charge while in the charger and my phone would get hot at the back but after leaving it alone for a bit my phone would charge again

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-11 03:35 PM
    Make sure you are not having signal problems where you are using your phone. As it drains a lot of the battery when switching or for cell signals. 2g 3G etc. Also if you have had the phone for about a year it may be time for a new battery. Or try downloading a different OS if you don't think it is your battery.
    09-29-11 02:49 AM
    A replacement battery once a year is a very fine precaution. Saves lots of headaches for some people.

And a new OS may be a good idea. So far .666 seems at least as good or better than .600 for battery life. More to test but good today.
    09-29-11 06:51 AM
    Your phone is committing suicide due to improper/inappropriate logo.
    shadysprings and Djlatino like this.
    09-29-11 08:00 AM
    anybody else having this problem? was told battery is swollen from heat and I must replace it even
    though it is covered by the mfg warranty and I have insurance thru sprint
    08-17-13 08:25 PM
    Hello, I think my blackberry has huge battery problems, when I charge my BB the battery icon on screen show this:

The battery icon have the "plug icon" when its not charge at 100%. The icon of the plug is intermittent, the thunderbolt icon shows, for 1 minute (sometimes 2-3-4 minutes), then shows the plug icon for 5 seconds and return to thunderbolt icon, and so on. And the phone gets hot on the part of media card.

Im running 6.0.0.600 BETA.

Is strange, this pass me every 3-4 months, I wipe my BB and its go normal again, but this time I wipe my BB and the problem persist. And now I see other problem with media card, before 2 weeks I see my BB is slow when I send a picture with BBM it take much time to load the picture gallery, I removed my media card and my PC cant read the media card. Now with main memory it goes fast, but not resolve the battery problem.

What is the problem? I need to buy a new battery? What is your opinion?

Thanks in advance.
    For the "fully charged battery" icon: you have an OS issue, most probably because you're using a BETA OS. You didn't mention what version you use after you've wiped your Torch, I can only assume you're using the same BETA OS? If yes, wipe it again and install the latest official OS available, do you know how to do this or to look for the newest OS for your Torch?

For your last question: wait until you've successfully install the latest official OS on your Torch, but don't re-install any apps previously you had yet, if somehow the battery is still quickly drained empty then you should buy a new battery instead.
    08-18-13 03:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD