Hi guys.. I'm new to BB.. this is my 1st BB ever..
    But I found out something different with my friend's BB 9700..

I would like to put password on my BB Torch, when I enabled the password & saved the changes that I made, after I locked it, it doesn't prompt me any password to key in.. I can just unlock as if I never enable the password settings.. but as what I know other BB will prompt the password immediately once you saved & locked it. In order to made the latest settings work, I need to restart my BB and it will appeared.

anybody know what happen? I brought it to the shop and they told me it's because of the new OS 6.. but I'm not so sure as OS 6 supposed to be more convenience than the previous OS..

thanks guys!
    11-08-10 09:29 AM
    Set the password to your liking. You need to the lock the device with the "password lock" icon vs the button on top of the phone which is only a screen lock.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-10 09:47 AM
    Set the password to your liking. You need to the lock the device with the "password lock" icon vs the button on top of the phone which is only a screen lock.

hi Shansmi.. thanks for your reply..
    what do you mean by the password lock icon? which one is that?
    but I've tried my friend's BB 9700 & curve,it will automatically prompt you to key-in the password once you (only) lock the screen, am I right?
    11-08-10 09:55 AM
    Only if they are running a VERY old OS. On the Bold loads at 500+ function they way your Torch does. When you enable and set a password, there is a new icon that gets added to your homescreen named "password lock". This will password lock your device. The button on the top just locks the screen - not password protected.

You can then use a free app called autolock to lock your device when the screen dims.

11-08-10 10:26 AM
    THe easiest way is to use keyboard short cut ( K)
    11-08-10 03:23 PM
    yeah somewhere in OS5 upgrades they chaged the lock button to just lock the screen instead od password lock, you can use the lock icon or wait for the security timeout of your choice selected in the password options. Also there is your device password and your device key these are two different things a device password should be accompanied with encryption.
    11-09-10 12:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD