Hello, sorry to be a pest i have Blackberry desktop software and have backed up my old 8520 i'm not sure if i did it right but it saved a file to my computer ipd file, on the backup of this phone i had music on there, i want to transfer the music i saved, to my Blackberry 9800, there are no files showing for the 8520 when i open the desktop software and click on the 8520 phone its asking me to connect the phone, which will not be any good as the phone was taken back to factory settings hence why i did a back up, so there's nothing saved on it, is there any way i can get into the backup file and transfer the saved music to my Torch, many thanks Sue.
    10-16-11 09:49 AM
    You can put the memory card for your 8520 in your Torch, those won't be touched by a wipe.

To the question of using different devices with Desktop Manager, with DM6 you'll have to click on the Device tab, then select "Forget Device" from the menu. Do NOT have anything plugged in. Then, plug in your Torch.
    DM5 may do this automatically, I don't remember having to do anything to use a new device when using it (but it's been a long time since I've used DM5).
    10-16-11 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD