Hi all! So I've recently switched my 9700 Bold and my wife's Pearl Flip for 2 new 9800's and I must say we're both very happy about the switch, however some little problem's we're having with both our phones are slowly ruining tue experience for us...I'm posting here in hopes to make it all better!!! Here's more details:

Problem 1: Since we got our phones YouTube's been randomly not working. Whenever we open a video it basically says "buttering" and never ends up playing the video. This happens both on WiFi as well as on 3G. APN settings are set. What bothers me the most is that this happens randomly (1 out of 5 times) to both our phones, but not necessarily at the same time...

Problem 2: Also very randomly (actually happened to me about 5 times in 2 months), the phone just goes to SOS mode for about a minute then comes back on. We both didn't notice any specific conditions or patterns to this, it just seems to happen very randomly.

Problem 3: This happend to me twice in 2 months and happened 3 times to my wife in the same time span. When unlocking the phone using the top left hand button the screen comes on and the touchscreen works perfectly, but NONE of the physical keys work (keyboard, send, end, back, BB button, etc). The only way to fix this is to literrally pull out the battery and put it back (the alt+right shift+del doesn't work because the keys are unresponsive)

A few facts that could (?) help:
    - We're both running 6.0.0.246
    - My apps: WeatherEye, ScoreMobile, QuickLaunch, Poynt, YellowPages, Canoe.ca, Falldown and Superstore)
    - The wife's apps: WeatherEye, Facebook
    - No changes have been made almost since day 1 on both our phones

Thank you all so much for your help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-11 07:27 PM
    Really? No one???

02-10-11 07:40 PM
    I had the same issue with the physical buttons, after coming inside from the cold (VERY cold, not just "cold") and I was sent a replacement Torch through my carrier. No charge, and I didn't have to send the defective unit in until I got the new phone.

The frozen buttons would reset only after 2 physical battery pulls.

Can't help with youtube as it's always worked fine for me (but I don't use it much) and I've never seen the SOS message.

You may want to try reinstalling the Operating System before calling customer service though. That will often fix random issues.
    02-10-11 09:15 PM
    That's really weird.. I've never experienced any of those issues when I first got my phone. But you could always try upgrading each device to see if that helps. There are guides on CB that will tell you how to do that. I run almost all the apps you 2 have, plus a lot more. So I know it's nothing to do with those. Try upgrading first, and if that doesn't work take it back for being defective.
    02-10-11 10:11 PM
    Thanks for your help guys....Been monitoring it for a few days now and I can certainly say that the unresponsive keys problem is definitely not caused by temperature changes. I guess I will try upgrading the OS and see....

I must say (and I know I will get flamed for saying that) but more and more, I feel like swapping the Torch for another iPhone 4

02-22-11 09:31 PM
    Upgraded both phones to .448 and Problem 1 and 2 seems to be resolved but were both still experiencing the freezing keys and can't seem to find a solution...Saw a few posts about the same problem so I'm hoping someone will come up with a fix to this!!!

03-12-11 09:39 PM
    Otter case on the phone?
    03-13-11 01:22 PM
    Nope. No case on either one.

03-13-11 01:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD