Starting this morning, I had 191 emails added to my inbox (BIS). The were marked an unread but they were all actually old messages. I deleted them but then a few minutes ago 1 received most of the same messages again (161 this time). I will delete them again but this is a pain. The corresponding inbox on my desktop computer is fine so I don't think it is the server. Is there a way to stop this?

Jim
    11-04-11 02:29 PM
    Did you recently switch carriers? I had that problem for a few months, but it finally ended. Some of them really had me scratching my head for a minute.
    11-04-11 02:56 PM
    No, I have had AT&T for over a year.
    11-04-11 03:37 PM
    What type of email is it?
    11-04-11 04:56 PM
    This happened to me yesterday as well. Not quite as many as you but some dated back over the summer. Mine is a Yahoo acct.

A friend emailed me a pic from his BB using Hotmail. That seemed to trigger the flood. His message didn't come through so he tried again, and the same set of messages poured in. We tried a third time and got the same flood of messages. However, they DID show up in my Yahoo mailbox in the web client. They were just back in date order so I had to scroll waaaaayyy down to find and delete them.

This happened on both my BBs (I have a 9000 on TMO and a 9800 on ATT). Suddenly, his messages popped through and it seemed to stop. I've sent myself messages from one BB to another and no sign of the old so far.

So I think it's a BIS issue but unsure what, if anything, we can do. Is yours still doing it?
    11-05-11 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD