Hey guys, would appreciate any sorta help here!

A message suddenly came up yday which said that errors were found on my media card and would I like to repair it. I hit YES. It then said, if lost clusters are found would I like to save em, I hit YES.

However it finally said MEDIA CARD REPAIR FAILED and I can't access the media card at all. Tried a battery pull and removing and reinserting the card several times.

Any suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-10 08:35 AM
    Connect to Desktop manager, or try accessing the files in my computer. Other then that, sounds like you might need a new media card.
    12-11-10 08:37 AM
    Hey thanks for the reply!
    I've tried that and the media card comes up... but these are the files within it. they look completely corrupted or some'in...

"e␀r␀r␀y␀..␀␀
    eAlbum_A.rt_
    g␀e␀s␀.␀.x␀␀
    �<�<␀␀�Z.�<’
    FILE0001.CHK"

Just random files like these!! can't access any of them and they don't load anything up when i try clicking on them.
    12-11-10 08:51 AM
    Why not just try to reformat the card and stick it back in the blakcberry?

12-11-10 09:12 AM
    The file0000.chk files are worthless files from the attempted repair unless you know how to patch the pieces together where they belong. Unfortunatly you probably lost everything that was on the card unless you have backed up it before.

Format the card in your phone and see if it works again.
    12-11-10 09:21 AM
    Yea just did that.

Just that I hadn't backed up my pics, etc for a while. So lost everything..

O well. Cheers jeers ppl.

N

12-11-10 09:21 AM
    The file0000.chk files are worthless files from the attempted repair unless you know how to patch the pieces together where they belong. Unfortunatly you probably lost everything that was on the card unless you have backed up it before.

Format the card in your phone and see if it works again.
    I figured. There were running numbers of FILE0001.CHK right to 0050.CHK lol. N those other files were labelled "Alias" under file type.

Not sure exactly what happened cos it just suddenly happened.
    Formatted it n it works again. Thx

12-11-10 09:23 AM
    Now don't forget to back it up from time to time
    12-11-10 09:25 AM
    Now don't forget to back it up from time to time

loooool. yes sir.
    12-11-10 10:43 AM
    I ran the wireless update on the OS 5 on my Sprint BB Bold 9650- aside from the pain of having to reset parameters on all my apps, the device no longer recognizes the 8 Gb media card - tried battery pull and remove and reinserting card - just says "Media card is damaged - do you want to repair?" I said yes, but no go.
    Can anyone help? Thnx

12-19-10 09:05 AM
    could have saved your info..

find a unix friend and ask them to run fsck msdos on the disk worked fine for me when my cable got pulled out of the phone during data transfer and a month later all remains well.

standard software for unix, linux or any variety of bsd. maybe macos x even.

12-19-10 10:54 AM
    i had that happen when it was fixing a memory card, reformatted it on a win7 machine and it worked. for some reason it wouldnt fix on a xp or vista
    12-19-10 10:58 AM
    You can try it in a computer out of the bb. It may be that you're going to lose everything off of it and will have to try and format in the bb. If that doesn't work it may be that the card is just dead and worthless now.
    12-19-10 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD