^ like the one the OP shows in posts 1 & 9? It's not an App World notification.

^^ Its not a notification that is shown in any older Blackberry notification icon guides. Its likely from a new RIM App...(hint)
    04-07-11 08:26 AM
    I had something like that for the First time of my life.
    Just 3 Days ago, I had a message (Exactly like that!), when i opened it, It appears to be a Hyperlink Message to BlackBerry App World, What i got is Memory Booster.

WARNING!, That's not a real App World Notifier icon, it's fake, What the message does is it Direct us to Download their apps through app world so if you got that fake Notifier Message again, Delete em!
    04-07-11 08:31 AM
    spam icon? How thoughtful of RIM.
    04-07-11 09:21 AM
    as you can see in the link above with the list of icons, its not an App World update...like I said, its from App World...in your Messages folder, it will show a message from App World of a New App from a Vendor that you currently installed an App from to notify you of a new App they released...once you click on it, it will take you to the App in App World, if you then just back out from it, it will then disappear from your screen and your Messages folder
    04-07-11 03:21 PM
    I got this today...its from App World...in your Messages folder, it will show a message from App World of a New App from a Vendor that you currently installed an App from to notify you...once you click on it, it will take you to the App in App World, if you then just back out from it, it will then disappear from your screen and your Messages folder

EDIT: Also, depending on what your settings are for your Messages folder, if you allow all messages to also be present there
    I got one from Text Smileys. I just deleted the message from the message box. Not sure what other App I have from them, but if I keep getting "spammed" like this, it's out of here.
    04-08-11 10:04 AM
    Hey guys, not that I know how to take screen pics...lol...upload photos to the post...lol...I can visually show everyone what I was trying to explain...

Here is what appears on the homescreen...
    utf-8BbXVuY2hfMjAxMV8wNF8xNF8wMjI1MjUuanBn.jpg picture by 9ICE9 - Photobucket

Here is what shows in the message folder...
    utf-8BbXVuY2hfMjAxMV8wNF8xNF8wMjI1NDYuanBn.jpg picture by 9ICE9 - Photobucket

And this is what happens once you open the message in the messages folder...
    utf-8BbXVuY2hfMjAxMV8wNF8xNF8wMjI0NTMuanBn.jpg picture by 9ICE9 - Photobucket

Hope they came out in the right order...lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-11 11:39 AM
    That's a bizarre icon...
    04-21-11 03:30 PM
    it could be a message inside the blackberry protect app. either way it should also appear in the "messages" list, and likely not in the notification bar. it is most likely a message "Welcoming you" as you just installed an app.

to get to it, open the messages list. you might also have to go into the app world, or bb protect to see the messages
    Last edited by Tbrenn; 04-21-11 at 10:30 PM. Reason: oops
    04-21-11 10:26 PM
    That is the icon to notify a new BlackBerry Protect message, open Protect then scroll to "message inbox".

Once you read the new message there, the icon will go away.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    it could be a message inside the blackberry protect app. either way it should also appear in the "messages" list, and likely not in the notification bar. it is most likely a message "Welcoming you" as you just installed an app.

to get to it, open the messages list. you might also have to go into the app world, or bb protect to see the messages
    I said this already, apparently we are incorrect.
    04-22-11 07:52 AM
    Wow, can't find this anywhere. It is obviously a icon for a 3rd party app. Maybe we can get the OP to list his apps and maybe we can figure it out
    04-22-11 11:52 AM
    I said this already, apparently we are incorrect.
    The messages that I receive from Blackberry Protect don't show as this icon, but rather a shield with the bb logo in the middle of it...this is why I took screen shots to explain and show everyone.
    04-22-11 03:01 PM
    Look in your common messages folder its a promo message from Blackberry.

Its the folder that looks like an envelope but probably one you never use, wife had the same issue, took me 20 minutes to find the message in that envelope!
    04-23-11 07:18 AM
    try this

Open text messages, click menu folder. Go to view folder and scroll down to new apps. Click on that. If it's not the open each of the other ones until you find the message.
    Thank you thank you thank you! I was going nuts for two weeks trying to figure this one out.
    06-26-11 03:04 PM
    Blackberry app word message.
    06-27-11 10:51 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD