brand new torch out the box (not mine). was downloaading the DM for her phone and a software update was available and she said , hey why not so i proceeded, now it is stuck on the connecting to boot rom!! keeps telling me to go to power management and click allow to shut device, then retry , still same thiong !! I just f*up somebody elese's torch! any ideas out there how to proceed, the phone is hours old!
    05-11-11 07:47 PM
    brand new torch out the box (not mine). was downloaading the DM for her phone and a software update was available and she said , hey why not so i proceeded, now it is stuck on the connecting to boot rom!! keeps telling me to go to power management and click allow to shut device, then retry , still same thiong !! I just f*up somebody elese's torch! any ideas out there how to proceed, the phone is hours old!
    Is the device running or is it in the connection/waiting for communications status? It's in this mode if you saw the device go black, and the red LED come on.

Did it progress -past- connecting to boot ROM?

Are you running desktop manager in a virtualised environment (aka, Windows via a VMWare of Parallels virtual machine?) as this has shown to be the cause of a lot of these sorts of problems.
    05-11-11 07:59 PM
    Have you rebooted your computer after install of DM?
    If you are still having issues check out this article
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry
    05-11-11 08:15 PM
    It's worth bringing up that before you check out the Nuked device article, You may be able to simply do a battery pull on the device, if it never went past the connecting to boot ROM, the device is still waiting for communications from DM and can be brought back simply via a battery pull.
    05-11-11 08:17 PM
    Agreed.
    I would restart computer, start DM, do a battery pull on the device. and hope for a clean start.
    05-11-11 08:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD