Guys

I have started using headphones with my torch, however i have noticed that when the phone rings, no ringing sound comes through the headset.
    I can answer the phone using the headpone answer button, but not much use if i dont know that i have an incoming call.
    I have tried looking at phone settings, but havent found an obvious solution yet.

Is anyone else having this experience, or able to provide advice on a solution or app?

Mike
    10-16-10 04:45 PM
    Guys

I have started using headphones with my torch, however i have noticed that when the phone rings, no ringing sound comes through the headset.
    I can answer the phone using the headpone answer button, but not much use if i dont know that i have an incoming call.
    I have tried looking at phone settings, but havent found an obvious solution yet.

Is anyone else having this experience, or able to provide advice on a solution or app?

Mike
    the phone rings with the headphones and i am able to hear it.
    you might want to get a new device.
    10-16-10 09:31 PM
    cheers for that, but i suspect that I wasn't being specific.

with headphones in, the phone will ring on the handset as normal. It seems strange to me that I won't have the ringing diverted to the headphones. this is using the headphones that came in the box and some skull candy ones. I currently use a torch , but have the same experience with the 9000 bold and my wife's curve.

Never encountered this problem previously as I never used the music player on my blackberry prior to the torch.

I was wondering if a special setting is required, or an app is required. Either that or I have been extremely unlucky to have three different blackbery models with the same issue.

Otherwise the torch is awesome.
    10-17-10 10:21 AM
    ^ don't compare it with the iphone where you hear the ringtone through the corded earphones.
    i think that's normal for corded earphones.
    BUT for a bluetooth headpiece which i'm using right now, you can hear the ringtone through the bluetooth device.
    10-17-10 10:29 AM
    My corded headphones do not ring when I get a phone call but the phone does. My jawbone blue tooth does ring however and I know that is a jawbone option.
    10-17-10 01:44 PM
    same issue for me. when headphone plugged in cant hear anything
    10-17-10 01:53 PM
    Working as designed.
    10-17-10 02:40 PM
    Thanks for that guys, good to have clarification.

I wont try and hunt down a solution that doesnt exist yet. One for the good folks at RIM to fix.
    10-17-10 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD