Has anybody opened up their Torch and tightened the 6 screws underneath the sticker? Did tightening the screws reduce the wobble in your phone? If so, by how much?

I was almost about to peel my sticker but then realized I didnt have a T3, only a T4 I figured I'd ask you guys before I go and void my warranty!
    11-11-10 11:51 PM
    I did tighten the screws under the sticker. They are a t4 not a t3 like most videos have said. As far as actually tightening the wobble... Does to some extent, guess it depends on how bad the wobble is on your device. Only thing i did notice is when tightening the screws it does however make the gap between the top and bottom pieces slightly more. So in short, open wobble was fixed while the "clacking" when typing on the touchscreen when closed was worse. Sticker on the back of the top worked to fix that though.
    11-12-10 06:39 AM
    This phone is TRULY a winner!
    11-12-10 06:58 AM
    This phone is TRULY a winner!
    As are you.

Oh wait I thought you said wiener.
    11-12-10 07:01 AM
    As are you.

It's your money.
    11-12-10 07:03 AM
    As are you.

LOL!!!! Good one!

Coincidentally, I was just listening to Elton John's The ***** is Back....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-10 07:06 AM
    It's your money.
    Exactly. So after you have come to this epiphany, makes me wonder why your still here posting crap about a device that you have never used nor apparently care to use, and its users? Is it just for the pure fact we keep feeding you(We need a sign on the door that says "Please do not feed the trolls"), or is it just cause you get a rise out of everyone?
    11-12-10 07:09 AM
    The simple fact that someone is willing to void their warranty in the hopes that tightening some screws will make this p.o.s. phone feel more solid says a lot.
    11-12-10 07:11 AM
    LOL!!!! Good one!

Coincidentally, I was just listening to Elton John's The ***** is Back....

Yea, classic! Homey should be in Afghanistan entertaining the troops!
    11-12-10 07:12 AM
    Exactly. So after you have come to this epiphany, makes me wonder why your still here posting crap about a device that you have never used nor apparently care to use, and its users? Is it just for the pure fact we keep feeding you(We need a sign on the door that says "Please do not feed the trolls"), or is it just cause you get a rise out of everyone?
    Never used? Are you sure?
    11-12-10 07:13 AM
    Never used? Are you sure?
    No I'm not sure(come to think of it, I think at one point you did have one then jumped to an android device), but with nothing nice to say, why bother? Do you get some sort of sick perversion out of posting crap about a device that obviously the rest of us like?
    11-12-10 07:16 AM
    The simple fact that someone is willing to void their warranty in the hopes that tightening some screws will make this p.o.s. phone feel more solid says a lot.
    Says a lot about what? The fact that people have OCD and have a need to fix an apparent defect in manufacturing, or what was acceptable by RIM.

So when your car needs to be "fixed" and you take it to another shop and not your car dealer(knowing full well that it voids the warranty), because your car dealers mechanics says there's nothing wrong when there obviously is. Says what about a lot people? Same difference, RIM and/or AT&T says there's nothing wrong, So people are looking for a "fix". I see nothing wrong with that. Whether the device is a POS or not is your own opinion, and one in which no one in these forums cares to hear about from you.
    11-12-10 07:23 AM
    No I'm not sure(come to think of it, I think at one point you did have one then jumped to an android device), but with nothing nice to say, why bother? Do you get some sort of sick perversion out of posting crap about a device that obviously the rest of us like?
    No, not a sick perversion. I just like reading the excuses that die-hards continually make for these sub-par devices ("It does what I need it to do", "Blackberry's are for business", "I don't need 100 fart apps"), and occasionally I feel compelled to respond.
    11-12-10 07:23 AM
    Says a lot about what? The fact that people have OCD and have a need to fix an apparent defect in manufacturing, or what was acceptable by RIM.

So when your car needs to be "fixed" and you take it to another shop and not your car dealer(knowing full well that it voids the warranty), because your car dealers mechanics says there's nothing wrong when there obviously is. Says what about a lot people? Same difference, RIM and/or AT&T says there's nothing wrong, So people are looking for a "fix". I see nothing wrong with that. Whether the device is a POS or not is your own opinion, and one in which no one in these forums cares to hear about from you.
    If I'm driving down the street and my brand new car rattles (i.e. screen wobble), I take it back to the dealer.
    11-12-10 07:25 AM
    No, not a sick perversion. I just like reading the excuses that die-hards continually make for these sub-par devices ("It does what I need it to do", "Blackberry's are for business", "I don't need 100 fart apps"), and occasionally I feel compelled to respond.
    Sub par by who's standards? Your own? The device does exactly what I need it to do. Let me state that again. The device does exactly what I need it to do.
    If it wasn't right for you then why call it sub par or not inline with what you thought RIM should have done with their device.
    Just curious as it seems your pissed at RIM for not putting out a device that you thought they should have. Every device isn't for everyone( I for one hate android for the same reasons you hate the torch, ****ty OS, poor quality, so on and so forth, same goes for the Itoy). Yet I'm not in those section of the forums posting my crappy views on those devices. I'm just trying to understand why all the negativity about a device you obviously didn't like, and why you continue to post in a section of the forums your obviously not welcome in.
    Harryl6134 likes this.
    11-12-10 07:29 AM
    If I'm driving down the street and my brand new car rattles (i.e. screen wobble), I take it back to the dealer.
    And if the dealer says there's nothing wrong.. Then what do you do?
    11-12-10 07:30 AM
    *minutes tick by and crickets chirp loudly as Tucker attempts the impossible - THINK

11-12-10 07:38 AM
    Sub par by who's standards? Your own? The device does exactly what I need it to do. Let me state that again. The device does exactly what I need it to do.
    If it wasn't right for you then why call it sub par or not inline with what you thought RIM should have done with their device.
    Just curious as it seems your pissed at RIM for not putting out a device that you thought they should have. Every device isn't for everyone( I for one hate android for the same reasons you hate the torch, ****ty OS, poor quality, so on and so forth, same goes for the Itoy). Yet I'm not in those section of the forums posting my crappy views on those devices. I'm just trying to understand why all the negativity about a device you obviously didn't like, and why you continue to post in a section of the forums your obviously not welcome in.
    Using that philosophy, why do people buy anything that does more than the required minimum. Why buy a BMW when a Toyota Prius will get you from point A to point B? Why buy a 5000 sq. Ft home when 800 sq. Ft would provide shelter.
    And in terms of build quality, I can only speak to what I have (Motorola), and it smokes any blackberry made. My Slider doesn't rattle, my buttons don't fall off, and my phone is made of metal, not plastic. And if the BB OS was so solid, there wouldn't be all of these hybrids running around and people wouldn't be clamoring for leaks.
    11-12-10 07:39 AM
    *minutes tick by and crickets chirp loudly as Tucker attempts the impossible - THINK

Shouldn't you be... Never mind.
    11-12-10 07:41 AM
    Using that philosophy, why do people buy anything that does more than the required minimum. Why buy a BMW when a Toyota Prius will get you from point A to point B? Why buy a 5000 sq. Ft home when 800 sq. Ft would provide shelter.
    And in terms of build quality, I can only speak to what I have (Motorola), and it smokes any blackberry made. My Slider doesn't rattle, my buttons don't fall off, and my phone is made of metal, not plastic. And if the BB OS was so solid, there wouldn't be all of these hybrids running around and people wouldn't be clamoring for leaks.
    So with your words, if the android OS was so special and fluid why do people hack it(root I guess it's called, not owning an android I have no clue why people do this)? It's in people nature to "play" with things.

Your point is invalid.

Just because some people buy in excess(the American way, probably why the US is in financial problems), doesn't mean its NEEDED, or that everyone buys in this fashion. Me personally I buy what I need to get buy in life. Your car analogy is mute also, your comparing apples to oranges. BMW is by far a better built car lol. Whether it has more features or not doesn't matter. Does everyone buy every option in a car? No, they buy what they can afford or what they want.

Guess I should head my own warning about feeding the trolls.
    11-12-10 07:47 AM
    s.
    Because most intelligent adults buy what WORKS for THEM and stopped being concerned about what's "cool", having left that mentality in high school...

11-12-10 08:00 AM
    So with your words, if the android OS was so special and fluid why do people hack it(root I guess it's called, not owning an android I have no clue why people do this)? It's in people nature to "play" with things.

Your point is invalid.

Just because some people buy in excess(the American way, probably why the US is in financial problems), doesn't mean its NEEDED, or that everyone buys in this fashion. Me personally I buy what I need to get buy in life. Your car analogy is mute also, your comparing apples to oranges. BMW is by far a better built car lol. Whether it has more features or not doesn't matter. Does everyone buy every option in a car? No, they buy what they can afford or what they want.

Guess I should head my own warning about feeding the trolls.
    And my phone is a far better built phone.
    11-12-10 08:03 AM
    Because most intelligent adults buy what WORKS for THEM and stopped being concerned about what's "cool", having left that mentality in high school...

Shouldn't you be... Never mind.
    11-12-10 08:03 AM
    And my phone is a far better built phone.
    And My Dad can beat up your Dad. ROFLMAO

'nuff said. Top comment reaffirms the bottom.
    11-12-10 08:08 AM
    And My Dad can beat up your Dad. ROFLMAO

'nuff said. Top comment reaffirms the bottom.
    I'm sorry. I missed your point. All I'm saying is that the Torch is NOT a well built phone. And judging by the way that you changed the subject, apparently you agree.
    11-12-10 08:13 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD