I check my phone and the notification bar shows 1 new notification email icon with the red 'astrix'.
    I touch the notification bar and a pop down message opens and shows that 'You currently have no new notifications'.
    Ok, that's screwy.
    I go to the Home screen and see that one of my email folders, not the Messages folder, is showing a new message with red astrix.
    I open that folder but 'do not' open the new email. I close the folder and go back to the Home screen. The red 'astrix' on the email folder and the Notification icon goes away. The Notification icon is still showing though.
    I go back into the email folder and open the email. When I go back to Home, the Notification icon is now gone.
    06-13-11 10:44 AM
    New phones do that. It will stop. In the meantime, what she said.
    06-13-11 12:41 PM
    LOL, this is how it works! To see anything in the Today area it (it being the app including email) MUST report to Messages. If they are not reporting to Messages, you will still get the icon notification but you will not be able to see anything on the Today area.
    06-13-11 12:51 PM
    Qbnkelt, I�m a little lost on your instructions.
    Here�s what I have set up:

Open the offending email account
    1. Options / Message Display and Actions / Display Message Count �Unread� / Display New Message Indicator �put a check in the box�
    2. Options / Inbox Management / Select items to include in the main message list / Email Accounts �no check mark in any of the secondary email accounts�
    06-14-11 07:34 AM
    Open the specific email account press and hold on the top date bar. After a few seconds another box pops open, choose mark prior opened. If you have none of your emails going to the main message folder they will not show in the today(the drop down notification box).
    06-14-11 08:01 AM
    Qbnkelt, I�m a little lost on your instructions.
    Here�s what I have set up:

Open the offending email account
    1. Options / Message Display and Actions / Display Message Count �Unread� / Display New Message Indicator �put a check in the box�
    2. Options / Inbox Management / Select items to include in the main message list / Email Accounts �no check mark in any of the secondary email accounts�
    I'm sorry I didn't see your message. I should have been clearer. Homer got you covered, though.
    06-14-11 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD