I must say, I really do like the device. OS6 is super quick, and the menu transitions are flawless. The screen isn't too small in my opinion, and the capacitive touch screen is really nice, and 'brilliant' color wise.

The device is super sleek, and pretty thin.

I'm personally waiting for the Storm3 to come to VZW (not the odin refresh, the one Sal was speaking about with the unique OS and new screen technology etc etc etc). But, if that never comes, I am seriously considering switching to AT&T to get the Torch. In my opinion, it seems to be able to easily compete with the Androids and Iphones of the world, especially with the webkit browser(which is really nice!) and the functionality and uniqueness of OS6.
    08-22-10 07:07 PM
    The reality is that the Torch is definitely a step in the right direction but is still behind ios4 and android at least on paper specwise. I hope that will soon change though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-10 08:09 PM
    Never switch carriers for a just a phone.
    08-22-10 08:23 PM
    Never switch carriers for a just a phone.
    Agreed. Could not have said it better.
    08-22-10 08:35 PM
    Never say never.

For all you guys know AT&T might be better in his area than Verizon and it might help him and/or save him money.

Personally I think AT&T is great but if I want a phone on Verizon and the coverage/price etc. is equal - who cares?

Obviously there are other minor details like Mobile 2 Mobile calls, A-List, contracts, etc. but you have to do your research no matter what you're doing if you don't want to make a dumb decision.
    08-22-10 09:30 PM
    Be like me and buy it retail and unlock it...
    08-22-10 09:50 PM
    I had one in hand, today, myself. While I'll not switch my network for the device, I will encourage my carrier to acquire them when available, hopefully about the time I'm ready for an upgrade. I'm not a tremendous fan of sliders, as many of them feel awkward and flimsy. This one didn't.

The keyboard was a lil' flatter than the standard BlackBerry, but key size was adequate, and the top row didn't feel crowded to me. The grip on the device was firm, and could be one-handed just as easily as two.

I could go for that.

08-22-10 10:49 PM
    This doesn't really apply since 9800 is exclusive to AT&T frequency which is exclusive in the USA. As for Canada, you could do that easily.
    Dude that's completely false... Have a look around this forum
    08-22-10 11:02 PM
    This doesn't really apply since 9800 is exclusive to AT&T frequency which is exclusive in the USA. As for Canada, you could do that easily.
    If there's a will, there's a way....
    08-22-10 11:09 PM
    If there's a will, there's a way....
    Lol.. That's true. But it's not even a matter of will or finding a way. It's just a bit frustrating to see a post say that the Torch will only run on ATT frequency..Like how do you come up with that?? It's a well known fact that the 9800 runs on many different frequencies.
    08-22-10 11:13 PM
    The reality is that the Torch is definitely a step in the right direction but is still behind ios4 and android at least on paper specwise. I hope that will soon change though.

personally I think OS 6 is a much better os than ios4 and at least up to 'vanilla' android 2.1 (i.e no touchwiz, sense ui,). Multimedia wise, i think os 6 handles videos and pictures just fine and the only thing it lacks is developers and hardware, something that is not the fault of OS 6. It suffers more from perception than truth. iOS 4 is bloated compared to OS 6 and true integration with their apps is no where near what OS 6 has managed to do with security, social networking, push emails and navigation.

As for the original post the torch is great especially with the inclusion of the webkit browser which they can now claim to be at least on par with their competitors in that field. It's no wonder why they called this device after this.
    08-22-10 11:38 PM
    I can't unlock it to Verizon, since there is no way to get the CDMA technology on it (its a GSM sim card phone).

AT&T is pretty good where I live, not as good as verizon, I've heard that they have better deals and I could save money.

But, I would probably not switch, I was just saying that I do like OS6 and the phone that much (probably better than an Odin Refresh with OS6)

And I also agree with what zensen is saying. BB has had multitasking for years, and the integration on OS6 seemed really nice! The webkit browser is also really nice and the menus are really cool. Definitely seems more like an android type OS... the Iphone OS, imo, is too confined I guess (there isn't much customization with it... just pages of apps)
    08-23-10 12:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD