Yea theres a glare....but a glare wouldnt affect the buttons view.
    07-09-10 03:34 PM
    The 9800 and new OS6 has rejuvenated my interest in Blackberry. I was very close to jumping ship and getting the I-Phone 4 until I saw Sal's video. I love the option that I can use a physical keyboard or the touch screen. The fact that RIM is also rolling out a new webkit browser and has made memory and processor improvements is great!
    07-09-10 04:07 PM
    On this picture, I'm trying to see the row of buttons (ie-talk/menu/trackpad/back/end) that are on the bottom of the 9800 but they don't look like they are there. Any one else notice this?
    I honestly can not recall. I think they are under the slider. I had no time and again it was a very quick inspection. Was in shock. Lol
    07-09-10 05:09 PM
    'Fyi I just law blog post about this on main CB. I have offered blaze the original pic to verify for any non believers. Also someone said there is no Chicago office, which I know. I was referring that he lived here and works for RIM.
    07-09-10 05:14 PM
    I am not surprised as a sailing friend of mine that I sail with every weekend, works for ATT and he has had the 9800 for almost a week. He had the 9700 way before it released, too.
    Has he said anything about when he believes at&t will release it?
    07-09-10 06:52 PM
    glare or no glare you should still see the buttons the bottom seems different from the pictures like these buttons could be part of the screen like the storm2
    07-09-10 08:15 PM
    I am not surprised as a sailing friend of mine that I sail with every weekend, works for ATT and he has had the 9800 for almost a week. He had the 9700 way before it released, too.
    So does tat mean it'll b a while till e release too?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-10 08:58 PM
    On this picture, I'm trying to see the row of buttons (ie-talk/menu/trackpad/back/end) that are on the bottom of the 9800 but they don't look like they are there. Any one else notice this?
    Their there, it took me a while--a few minutes worth of staring--and I could just barely make out the green call button.
    07-10-10 09:35 PM
    I might be wrong but they appeared to be separate from the screen.
    07-10-10 09:47 PM
    Hey this is great.. but by the time RIM releases it, everyone will have Android & iPhone 4's.
    07-11-10 07:59 PM
    Hey this is great.. but by the time RIM releases it, everyone will have Android & iPhone 4's.
    cept u forgot bout all the people who have 9700's, 9650's, Pearl 3G's, or even bought an 8900 late, which means they (we) are still under contract for another few months at the very least, almost 6 months for me... part of the benefit of releasing phones at the pace RIM has been is that when our current contract is up, there's always a new BB on the market to lock us into a new contract until they release the next BB that tickles our fancy, lol... just kinda works out that way...

I'll be getting it no matter when it's released, so why would I buy an iPhone 4 or Droid in the meantime when my 9700 is still kicking *** and practically new (less than 4 months old)?? There will be a lot of 9700 and 9650 users thinking the same way...
    Last edited by NinjaB; 07-12-10 at 05:21 AM.
    07-12-10 05:15 AM
    cept u forgot bout all the people who have 9700's, 9650's, Pearl 3G's, or even bought an 8900 late, which means they (we) are still under contract for another few months at the very least, almost 6 months for me... part of the benefit of releasing phones at the pace RIM has been is that when our current contract is up, there's always a new BB on the market to lock us into a new contract until they release the next BB that tickles our fancy, lol... just kinda works out that way...

I'll be getting it no matter when it's released, so why would I buy an iPhone 4 or Droid in the meantime when my 9700 is still kicking *** and practically new (less than 4 months old)?? There will be a lot of 9700 and 9650 users thinking the same way...
    There's no doubt the 9800 will be a awesome phone. Probably the best RIM has ever made. The problem is this-- 9800 is still sub-standard to the iPhone 4, and EVO.. for that fact any Android phone is years ahead of RIM.
    07-12-10 07:50 PM
    How do ypu know? Have you had in your hands? The Op has and claims its up to par with his Android device. The same reports have been said by other people. You're assuming nothing else
    07-12-10 10:11 PM
    How do ypu know? Have you had in your hands? The Op has and claims its up to par with his Android device. The same reports have been said by other people. You're assuming nothing else
    I did? BB is NOT good enough for me to go back to it. BB is way behind.
    07-12-10 10:15 PM
    Their there, it took me a while--a few minutes worth of staring--and I could just barely make out the green call button.
    Same here, I should have looked more closely at some other 9800 pics first....after looking at some of the pics that have come out of it over the last few weeks, it looks like the buttons are just about flush with the screen (as opposed to the 8330 style buttons where they are raised). So basically I think this flush button style would make it quite easy to have a lot of glare
    07-12-10 11:17 PM
    The Op has and claims its up to par with his Android device. The same reports have been said by other people. You're assuming nothing else
    Whomever thinks OS6 can compete with Android is flat out on crack.

You can't even WiFi tether a BB yet.
    07-13-10 12:04 AM
    Consider me on Crack as I have had 2 older Andriod phones and used a buddies N1 for a short time and my OS5 IMO is just as good as any Andriod out there.

I can browse fine and on EDGE majority of the time, just turn off java-script and pages load quickly and wifi flies! I have done tons of tests comparing my wife's mytouch 3g and mine is actually faster on wifi....every single time....

Okay, youtube is a lot better, that I will give ya. And all the fart apps I will never use or the games I won't play....(Have a PSP and Ps3 for that.)

Besides those small issues, my phone does everything else just as good....and don't need to carry a charger with me everywhere....

07-13-10 02:32 AM
    That's the thing. Most people use the number of available apps as a judgment of how good an 0S is. Personally I don't care about 500,000 useless apps. I prefer simplicity, speed, ease of use and stability and BB OS has all that. Not to mention there are plenty of USEFUL apps for BB out there. Sure, I can't impress my friends with the joys of a farting app, but I can live with that. *rollseyes*

07-13-10 09:13 AM
    Sure you can, All in App World

Fart Storm - The Funniest Fart App - Lots of Laughs
    The Best Fart App - iBee Farting
    PhoneyFart
    Fart Board
    Fart Machine
    07-13-10 10:34 AM
    What does everyone want in an OS? Just flashy crap that really does nothing but make it look cool or take up resources that could be used elsewhere?
    07-13-10 11:10 AM
    To each his own... Android vs BlackBerry. they are different and have different uses. Some will prefer one to the other

I am going to buy the 9800 when it comes out with or without OS 6, but I am pretty sure it will have it
    07-13-10 11:18 AM
    It will apparently have OS 6.0. Check out the driphter.com video.
    07-13-10 11:28 AM
    It will have it.
    07-13-10 02:58 PM
    That's the thing. Most people use the number of available apps as a judgment of how good an 0S is. Personally I don't care about 500,000 useless apps. I prefer simplicity, speed, ease of use and stability and BB OS has all that. Not to mention there are plenty of USEFUL apps for BB out there. Sure, I can't impress my friends with the joys of a farting app, but I can live with that. *rollseyes*

exactly my thoughts. You cannot judge something by assuming. If you had your chance to play with it and say its crap fair enough. The reports of it being an decent upgrade and up to par with Android have come from people who have the latest android devices as well.
    07-14-10 11:24 AM
    07-14-10 11:48 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD