Well before I ask for help, let me just inform you all that I'm a former iPhone user gone-Blackberry. I decided it's time to grow up a bit and get a real business phone

Anyways... I'm having an issue with adding a gmail account, and when I say a gmail account, I literally mean A gmail account. For some unknown, ungodly reason I can add all 5 out of my 6 email accounts but 1 (and that 1 just so happens to be the most important one...)

All it says is "invalid email address or password. Verify your email address and password. If the error persists, contact gmail.com"

So I decided to test this little issue by logging into the same exact account on my computer and TA-DA! It worked perfectly.

I even ended up changing my password a few times to see if maybe something for some black-magic reason was screwed up but no luck.

Anyone have any idea what's the problemo? I've also made sure the gmail account with the issue has IMAP and POP blahblahblah all enabled.

Hopefully one of you BB Elders out there (or new-found prodigy's) can assist with this seemingly-dumb issue.

Many thanks in advance
    08-15-10 12:58 PM
    Are you logging into the AT&T BIS site to add the account?
    08-15-10 01:27 PM
    Long into the AT&T BIS Page and try adding from it via the desktop. Honestly, if it's saying it's the wrong password, then more than likely you're entering the wrong one in or missing a letter, etc,.
    08-15-10 01:41 PM
    Delete the gmail account from your phone, perform a soft reset (pull the battery) lets see an iphone user do that after you put the battery back in and reset the phone try adding the gmail. Add it as a an IMAP because POP is even slower and no where near close to instant. Add your user name and try entering the correct password. I hope this helps
    08-15-10 01:46 PM
    Try Crucial's method. Failing that, remove ALL GMail accounts and then reboot. Once done add the account that's causing issues FIRST. if that works then add other accounts.
    08-15-10 03:36 PM
    Is this a Google Apps email, or just regular gmail?
    08-15-10 03:37 PM
    I setup my gmail using the default email setup and have had no issues. I did not use the web setup just the phone setup for email. I have BES and am still waiting on my activation code from my IT department. Maybe try using the built in setup wizard?
    08-15-10 03:44 PM
    you might be making the simplest mistake of all.. the one that i did when i first converted from an iphone 3GS to a Blackberry Bold.
    in the password.. are you confusing the alt key and the shift key?
    i own a macbook Pro and the layout for the shift key is like the ALT key in the BB keyboard..
    08-15-10 04:15 PM
    Delete the gmail account from your phone, perform a soft reset (pull the battery) lets see an iphone user do that after you put the battery back in and reset the phone try adding the gmail. Add it as a an IMAP because POP is even slower and no where near close to instant. Add your user name and try entering the correct password. I hope this helps
    Thanks a ton man, it worked like a charm!
    08-15-10 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD