Well, I own a Bold 9700 and I love it but went out and purchased for full retail the Torch last week. Overall I think this phone is great but here are the issues, first torch the plastic left of the trackpad came up, took it back and now I have had the second one for about 5 days, software is full of bugs which i know will be fixed in time but now my slider has way to much play in the open position and makes noise. The first torch the slider was perfect and solid lets hope the third one is the charm!
    08-24-10 06:02 PM
    I've had my Torch since release date and it's been awesome. I'm constantly typing on it. Haven't had any issues with it falling apart or anything like that. Hope you have better luck with the next one.
    08-24-10 06:11 PM
    Well, I own a Bold 9700 and I love it but went out and purchased for full retail the Torch last week. Overall I think this phone is great but here are the issues, first torch the plastic left of the trackpad came up, took it back and now I have had the second one for about 5 days, software is full of bugs which i know will be fixed in time but now my slider has way to much play in the open position and makes noise. The first torch the slider was perfect and solid lets hope the third one is the charm!
    Bro i feel your pain, i'm so pissed off that i wish the 9700 had os 6 hence my thread i really want to keep this phone

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/da...ashing-519069/

also i went through 3 also...smh
    08-24-10 06:13 PM
    It might be the device.

I also had to replace 2 of them (1: trackpad was shifting to the left with use & 2: heard a clicking sound while tapping the lower right corner on touchscreen). This one is fine.

Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-10 06:14 PM
    I've had my Torch since release date and it's been awesome. I'm constantly typing on it. Haven't had any issues with it falling apart or anything like that. Hope you have better luck with the next one.
    Ditto.

And I'm not exactly gentle with my phone, either.
    08-24-10 06:17 PM
    It might be the device.

I also had to replace 2 of them (1: trackpad was shifting to the left with use & 2: heard a clicking sound while tapping the lower right corner on touchscreen). This one is fine.

Good luck!

I'm seriously honestly not trying to stray people away but the way the button is attache to the device is only by glue and cushion hence over time it will eventually tear i will take a pic...
    08-24-10 06:17 PM
    I'm guessing you voided your warranty early on that, the 9700 also has a track pad and since all my phone has thai and mandarin keypad on them I never saw any of that. I'm not saying your fibing just that maybe urs got glue in it. These phone Are well built the first batch will always have some cosmetic flaws but it shoul get better in other batches. d

08-25-10 07:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD