So yesterday I got the alert saying that I needed to validate my Gmail account through the BIS E-Mail setup, but needed to turn on IMAP first. I double checked my settings through my Gmail account and IMAP was on. I re-validated through the e-mail setup and 5 minutes later I got the alert again. I searched on here for some things and saw that deleting the account and re-adding might fix it, so I tried that, and got the same thing right away. I tried to reset the password, again with no avail. All of my other accounts are working fine, and my Gmail account on my macbook pro works just fine and is using IMAP as well.

After deleting and re-adding the Gmail account I lost the Enhanced Plug-In and can't get it back now, so if there are any ideas, I am open to trying whatever.

BTW, I am running .526
    06-01-11 10:44 PM
    I've got the same problem. Its driving me crazy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-11 07:34 AM
    I son't have the technical skills to address your problem, but a word of caution about Gmail: BE CAREFUL

Gmail is being hacked. A few months back I got a call from a business associate asking about the content of a gmail message I had sent. I HAD NOT sent it. Investigation determined that my Gmail account had been hacked. I immediately notified my gmail contacts (from a seperate account) and then deleted the gmail account.

You may be the victim of phishing.
    06-02-11 08:15 AM
    You deleted your entire account after it got hacked. Thats a bit drastic.

I was reading over on ATT / iPhoxxxx that there were some system wide issues with ATT / Gmail . Aparently ATT did some kind of upgrade and its affecting a lot of users with gmail accounts.

Food for thought.
    06-02-11 04:08 PM
    I am having the same problem .... It's not AT&T issue as I have 2 BlackBerry/BIS, with AT&T and Rogers. It's only one particular gmail account that has issue in both my BIS. The other gmail account that I have in both my BIS has no issues. I am sure I followed the instructions to enable my IMAP in gmail but problem still persist. I have also deleted the gmail and re-add and same issue. Not sure if the problem is because I deleted the gmail IMAP app from both my Blackberry.

This is the system message from BlackBerry:

------Original Message------
    To: XXXX
    Subject: Action required. Update settings for [email protected]
    Sent: Jun 2, 2011 2:31 PM

Your [email protected] email messages are not being delivered to your BlackBerry� device. To receive your email messages, turn on the IMAP setting for All Mail in your [email protected] account.

After you turn on the IMAP setting for All Mail, you must validate your account on your BlackBerry device.

1. Click the Setup folder (if available), then click the Email Settings or Setup Internet Email* icon.
    2. Click Email Accounts.
    3. Validate your [email protected] email account.

The other email accounts on your BlackBerry device are not affected.

BlackBerry� Internet Service

* Note that some BlackBerry devices and some themes may have different icons or menus than those mentioned.

-- Automatically generated email: Do Not Reply to this email --
    06-02-11 04:40 PM
    I am having the same problem .... words... message
    Yeah that's the same message that I got too. I got the Enhanced Plug-In back, but I still don't have e-mail. I'm about to call AT&T to find out what the **** is going on, because this is dumb.
    06-02-11 09:49 PM
    Your gmail account has a lock on it. You need to go to Google's Captcha and enter your info to unlock it. You should be able to validate it through BIS afterwards

https://www.google.com/accounts/UnlockCaptcha
    06-02-11 10:51 PM
    Your gmail account has a lock on it. You need to go to Google's Captcha and enter your info to unlock it. You should be able to validate it through BIS afterwards

https://www.google.com/accounts/UnlockCaptcha
    I already did that and had no luck when I was on the phone with AT&T Blackberry Support.

Now I'm on the phone with RIM Technical Support right now. I'll update this when I finish with them.

Update: I just got off the phone with RIM support, and there were a couple things. In Gmail under the "Labels" tab I didn't think to set the All Mail to show in IMAP, rather than just the Forwarding tab. After that I was still not seeing e-mails and I couldn't see sent e-mails so I tried the unlockcaptcha again. Apparently when I did the unlockcaptcha the first time I was supposed to delete the Gmail account from my BIS first. Deleted the account, did the unlockcaptcha, and the account seems to be staying valid for now, and I'm receiving e-mails, but I still can't see sent e-mails, or e-mails from the past couple days. I'll let it do it's thing overnight and see what happens.

I hope this helps anyone having the same issues.
    Last edited by swimmer160; 06-02-11 at 11:34 PM.
    06-02-11 10:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD