Hi,

New member here�I joined because I am totally lost for options at the moment and don�t have a clue how to fix this.

Info:
    My phone: BB Torch 9800
    BB: v6.0.0.600, Platform 6.6.0.223
    Carrier: Vodafone (the Netherlands)

Problem: I cannot get my Gmail on my Blackberry the �normal way�.

Background: Last week I added a �Label� in Gmail to sort my e-mail. I wanted to sort my e-mail in a better way. The next thing that happened is that I received a Blackberry notification:

�Your [email protected] messages are not being delivered to your Blackberry device. To receive your email messages, turn on the IMAP settings for All Mail in your [email protected] account.

After you turn on the IMAP settings for All Mail, you must validate your account on your BlackBerry device.

<explanation on how to validate>

Etc. etc.�

I tried to validate, but I received the message above again. And again�and again�etc. I often get a message that I successfully activated my account�but then I get the message above.
    In a week time I have tried the following:

1. Checked my IMAP settings in Gmail�they were fine.
    2. Removed the Gmail label again, just to be sure.
    3. Remove Gmail account from my BB and add it again. Didn�t work, same problem.
    4. Send Service Books from the Gmail account. No effect.
    5. Registered the Host Routing Table. No effect.
    6. Removed the Gmail account, used the Google Captcha security page (where you have 10 minutes to install it on the phone), installed the Gmail on the BB�same problem.
    7. Tried to combine steps 1,2,3,4 in all kinds of combinations. No effect.
    8. Changed my Gmail password, removed the account from my phone and reinstalled it again. No effect.
    9. Pulled the battery several times, including with step 5. No effect.
    10. Asked Vodafone if they knew what was the problem. They tried the steps mentioned above, so no effect. In the end they had no solution either.

Nothing worked�nothing! How frustrating!

Then I tried something else. I also have a different Gmail account. I tried to install that one�and it worked without any problems! ARGH!!!

I don�t have any options left and don�t know what to do. If anyone knows the problem or has new solutions, please let me know.

Thanks!

Marijn
    05-03-13 09:20 AM
    do you happen to have 2-way authentication on your gmail acct? You may need to remove the device and add it again with the associated password
    05-03-13 12:17 PM