I like the dictionary.com app but it's not available in BB App World and if you try to go their website for it, their server recognizes that you are on the Torch. So I got one of my friends with the Storm2 to do it and email me the direct download link. It works great on my Torch until they make one dedicated for it. Not sure if anyone else wants it but thought I would share.

Here's the link.

http://www.xtremelabs.com/assets/mob...dictionary.jad
    09-04-10 03:21 PM
    Very nice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-10 07:42 PM
    Thanks for posting the link.
    09-04-10 08:12 PM
    No problem. This has been my method for any apps that is not available for the Torch, I find the Storm versions for them for now.
    09-04-10 08:21 PM
    tryed it and it works great! Thanks for the link!
    09-04-10 08:57 PM
    thanks for the link..
    09-04-10 08:59 PM
    I like the dictionary.com app but it's not available in BB App World and if you try to go their website for it, their server recognizes that you are on the Torch. So I got one of my friends with the Storm2 to do it and email me the direct download link. It works great on my Torch until they make one dedicated for it. Not sure if anyone else wants it but thought I would share.

Here's the link.

http://www.xtremelabs.com/assets/mob...dictionary.jad

I did notice it was not available in App World. I've been going manually to dictionary.com. How do I get it on my phone? Do I go to the link from my phone?
    09-05-10 07:50 AM
    I did notice it was not available in App World. I've been going manually to dictionary.com. How do I get it on my phone? Do I go to the link from my phone?
    Yes, click on the link from your device, and it will start the download process.
    09-05-10 08:09 AM
    Awesome thanks!

11-06-10 05:32 PM
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

I recently switched from a 9000 to the 9800 and was frustrated to learn the app wasn't available for the 9800. Again, thank you, sir!

11-06-10 09:28 PM
    Nice! I've been looking a dictionary app. Thanks for sharing!

11-07-10 12:32 AM
    I really wish they'd get a version released for the Torch soon. The Storm 2 version works, but not well. The touchscreen barely works.

11-07-10 04:12 AM
    Thanks, I use this app quite often and was a bit surprised that there's no official Torch version yet.
    11-08-10 02:44 AM
    Thanks for the link. Been trying to get this for the last few days with a lot of hassle. Works good now.
    11-08-10 03:00 AM
    ok I checked the dictionary.com and downloaded the new Torch version (1.1.0) but when I want to start it says:
    error cant find dictionary-6

I restarted the phone and the App icon has disappeared, but I still see it in my application management.
    I checked the website again and now it says my device is not supported!
    It's weird, isn't it?

PS. when I installed it the first time I was on Wi-fi connection, don't know if it matters?!
    11-08-10 06:50 AM
    is there anyway to get the updated version that it keeps asking for us to update, but still isn't available for the torch?
    11-10-10 06:52 PM
    You're my hero! I've been waiting for this! Thanks!

11-10-10 09:16 PM
    SWEET!!! Thanks

11-10-10 10:11 PM
    what about a direct link for the facebook 1.9? My country is not supported hence i cannot access application world. Can somebody share? Thanks in advance.
    11-11-10 02:36 AM
    what about a direct link for the facebook 1.9? My country is not supported hence i cannot access application world. Can somebody share? Thanks in advance.
    Same problem!
    11-11-10 08:14 AM
    is there anyway to get the updated version that it keeps asking for us to update, but still isn't available for the torch?
    Use the link in the first post of this thread, it will update to the latest version. I just did it earlier today.

And you guys above, don't hijack threads. Post in the correct forum for what you're looking for.
    11-11-10 09:28 AM
    I just noticed that it's not friendly and responsive with the touchscreen. Is there a new version for this to be working fine on the Torch or something? I had love to have a dictionary for my phone.
    11-13-10 09:55 AM
    it works like a charm. Thanks infernox
    11-28-10 10:18 AM
    Just a heads up for Torch users you can now d/l the dictionary.com app directly from their site @ Dictionary.com . It now supports the Torch or at very least recognizes the Torch when you click on the d/l link. It runs flawlessly in landscape, not so much in protrait, although I have yet done a battery pull since installing it.

12-08-10 12:51 PM
    Just a heads up for Torch users you can now d/l the dictionary.com app directly from their site @ Dictionary.com . It now supports the Torch or at very least recognizes the Torch when you click on the d/l link. It runs flawlessly in landscape, not so much in protrait, although I have yet done a battery pull since installing it.

Just tried and got a message that it's not supported on my device.
    12-08-10 02:50 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD