The Torch Could be an amazing device. But a few design changes would make the world of difference. Some are OS related and some are physical.

Form Factor change wish list includes:

A wider screen (of course higher resolution) and wider keyboard. Just a touch. This improves reading, typing on the slide out keyboard would be dramatically improved. Also on screen typing in portrait mode would be much easier. Currently I can type extremely fast on the touch screen in landscape but I lose most of my screen visibility to the keyboard with no menu keys visible for the current application when I am typing.

Return of the missing convenience key.

And maybe an alternative device with a landscape slide out keyboard.

As for OS related, the list is endless. To start off with a few:

Task Manager and resident PIM applications with touch screen interface for the "New Item key". I don't like having to switch from touch screen to physical buttons when I am typing. It is annoying to say the least.

The upper toolbar on the home screen with the connection settings should be "lockable" to touch so that I don't have to worry about hitting it every second. Or even better, collapse-able.
    12-12-10 07:50 AM
    I want HD on the next Torch - HD camera/video recording, graphics, everything! Make it sidekick-ed and it will be perfect!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-10 09:16 AM
    Heres my Torch wish list thing, I want a Blackberry Torch for Sprint service! Right now I'm on a BB curve 8530 and I love it, but I would love a bigger screen but all we get on Sprint is the Style, and I've had issues with flip phones since my first cell phone.
    12-12-10 09:20 AM
    I'm happy with the width of the device. A bit more height would be nice, but possibly awkward looking. I'd like to see improvements made to the buttons, both the top set and the face buttons. The top set is too soft and easy to press, while the face set is too squishy and not as tactile (depending on where it's built.). Oh yes, and the return of the right convenience key!

In terms of the internals, a bump up to dual core processor would kick, not because OS6 lags on the current processor or anything, but more so for QNX. I don't care about screen resolution or camera.

To me, the Torch doesn't need too many improvements, as I'm almost completely happy with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-10 11:55 AM
    i'm happy with the size of the current Torch as well.
    anything bigger will feel like having a remote control in my pocket.
    12-12-10 11:59 AM
    I would love to have the ability to scroll the contacts from one of the edges similar to the Android or iPhone contacts screen. The best implementation is in the Android. When you touch the right side of the screen, you can scroll the entire alphabet and the letter that you are on, shows as you scroll.

When the phone is closed, you can't easily get to a contact.
    12-12-10 04:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD