I installed .161 on my torch and didn't like it so I used jl_cmder to fully wipe then install att .141 which I got from blackberrys website. Now I lost the stock att apps like facebook, app world, social feeds and all the I'm clients. How can I reinstall them?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-10 02:31 PM
    They're included with the OS, if they didn't install by default go back into the Desktop Software and select applications and you should have the option to install them.
    08-17-10 02:34 PM
    They're included with .141, so run DM again and when you get to the screen showing you the OS and its contents, run down the list and click on the + sign to make sure they are listed as Pending Install and don't just have a blank space next to them.
    08-17-10 02:35 PM
    I had some problems with the .141 load when I went to do a wipe and reload... Glutton for punishment on my first day with the phone last week.

The problem I ran in to with Loader/DM was that the box was ticked, but the size indicated was "0 K" (Zero KB) and when I tried to "add" it, it said it was not for this device. Even if I had removed vendor.xml.

What I managed to do was to use BBSAK to load all the cod's manually from:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9800E_v6.0.0.141_P6.4.0.64\Java (or similar location)

They are all the net_rim_bb_qm_ files with aim, google, msn, peer (for BBM) and yahoo.

The rest should be explanatory, but here they are just in case:

The appworld is net_rim_bb_appworld* files

The feeds are net_rim_bb_feeds* files

The facebook are net_rim_bb_facebook* files

After that I re-ran loader and let it update/fix whatever it felt it needed to, and all was normal again.

Best luck.
    08-17-10 02:40 PM
    Why aren't these apps available on the blackbery.com site for download??

08-17-10 02:50 PM
    Thank you! I put them all back in through app loader, but now I dont get Facebook notifications. I turned oFf the email alerts to my phone cause I was getting an email and notification and now I'm not getting anything and the facebook notification box is checked under facebook options

08-18-10 12:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD