I've had my torch for a week and randomly it will start to freeze but ill be able to hold down the BB button and get to the multitaskbutton but when I cclick an app it just doesn't do anything. But highlight it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-11 06:56 PM
    have you pulled the battery?
    when in doubt, pull it out!
    01-16-11 06:57 PM
    have you pulled the battery?
    when in doubt, pull it out!
    ^ that's what she said...

01-16-11 07:39 PM
    I get the same freezing every few days. The device becomes unusable for up to a minute.
    It makes no sense.

Perhaps social feeds updating? Although I have all apps set to not refresh in the background.

I suspect it's the BIS server trying to run reconciliation for contacts, mail and calendar.

I'm hoping a OS update will fix this but it's taking months for a new leak to show up.
    01-16-11 07:51 PM
    It's a BlackBerry.
    01-16-11 08:31 PM
    I do pull out...no pun intended...but Its just B.S. That I even haft 2

01-16-11 08:33 PM
    It's a BlackBerry.
    By this I read "They freeze,Live with it" .

Really ?
    01-16-11 08:38 PM
    Really. I've owned over 25 GSM BlackBerrys. Almost every model AT&T has ever carried, and freeze ups/battery pulls have been a way of life for EVERY one of them. Why do you think developers have made apps like Quickpull and ReStartMe? Really.

01-16-11 09:18 PM
    I have this same problem. Except mine will only ever freeze when I'm in facebook and press "send" to add a comment, etc.

01-17-11 05:19 AM
    I've never had this issue with my BlackBerry. How much device storage or memory have you used? What app are you trying to get to run when it freezes?

01-17-11 05:23 AM
    restore the whole phone
    01-17-11 06:44 AM
    Ive owned a few BB in the past few years, and random freeze ups and battery pulls have always been the way. With this being said, my torch freezes up once in a while. While I never have to do a battery pull, a soft reset is in order most times.
    01-17-11 06:59 AM
    Really. I've owned over 25 GSM BlackBerrys. Almost every model AT&T has ever carried, and freeze ups/battery pulls have been a way of life for EVERY one of them. Why do you think developers have made apps like Quickpull and ReStartMe? Really.

LOL, So you're THAT GUY on this site. We've got one on my car site too.
    01-17-11 07:48 AM
    Your car site? I didn't know they had a car site for '74 Pintos. . I'm not saying the 9800 isn't a good device, it is. All I'm saying is that MINE freezes up about every other day, as did all the previous RIM devices I've owned over the last 5 1/2 years. I'm not saying its the end of the world, I'm just saying if you own a BlackBerry you become familiar with battery pulls.

01-17-11 08:45 AM
    I have had minor freezing, and by minor I mean infrequent, that has even been untraceble over my 4 BBs. Generally, for me, frequent freezes I can usually pinpoint on an app or something.

I do a soft reset about once a week, just cause, and I have not had any issues with freezing yet on the Torch.

01-17-11 09:03 AM
    Wurd

74 PINTO ??

I HAVE YOU KNOW I DRIVE A RIGHT FINE USED VOMIT COMET OF A POLICE CAR!

LOL

I may actually have been taken to jail in it once too... short story for another thread.
    01-17-11 06:54 PM
    Wurd

74 PINTO ??

I HAVE YOU KNOW I DRIVE A RIGHT FINE USED VOMIT COMET OF A POLICE CAR!

LOL

I may actually have been taken to jail in it once too... short story for another thread.
    That was you??!!! LOL. You're a good sport, and I hope you get and enjoy your 9800. It is a very good device, all in all. Good luck!
    01-17-11 08:33 PM
    What was me ?
    01-18-11 08:32 PM
    In the Vomit Comet bro! I think I saw you crusin'.
    01-18-11 08:42 PM
    lulz.....

I'm north of the Mason Dixon line
    01-18-11 08:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD