Hey guys, I have been trying to find a free and simple lock screen application while on a phone but couldn't find anything. Is there any help? My girl is sick of pressing the Hold button by mistake.
    05-11-11 04:54 PM
    chances are "your girl" has a screen protector on the phone, or someting that might be interfering with the device's proximity sensor...

there are many other threads about this issue... usually it is from a $0.99 ebay screen protector...

the device's screen should shut off automatically when you are on the phone.

either that, or she is not holding the device on her ear/face properlly...

if you want to see where the prox sensor is on the torch, google images for the white torch, you can clearly see it, right next to the notification LED.

test it out with your hand while in a call to see if the screen shuts off...

if it does not, then remove the interfering screen protector....

you could also try a battery pull to see if a clean boot helps, or as a last resort, upgrade / reload the OS.

there's no sense in getting an app, for what the device cna do on it's own...

as a last last resort, if it is still under warranty, you could swap it for anyother torch....
    05-11-11 05:04 PM
    What he said.

Every Torch I've serviced that had this complaint was suffering from a poor application of a screen protector or a cheap knockoff case. I've never had an issue where the phone was at fault.
    05-11-11 05:40 PM
    If it turns out to be the screen protector, try the ZAGG invisibleShield, or the wrapsol. High quality, durable, and do not interrfere ( I have used and use both..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-11 05:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD