This is for the post i made myself, but didn't got any replies...

Want to search into notes or other fields? Universal search DOESN'T do the trick... read below...

Using Quick Launch i could add an app which i didn't see normally. It was 'search' (instead of universal search). This is the old search method, and it wants to switch to universal search when starting. Just say no and search into notes and descriptions of contacts and others.
    sju14 and johnmarki like this.
    04-04-11 02:03 AM
    thansk so much and glad you found your answer.
    04-04-11 10:20 AM
    Thanks for the info
    04-04-11 10:55 AM
    Nice find, thanks for posting!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-11 05:36 PM
    Is there a link to this 'search' app where I can download it?

Thanks.
    04-19-11 05:15 PM
    Is there a link to this 'search' app where I can download it?

Thanks.
    It's a QuickLaunch Function.
    04-19-11 05:39 PM
    I guess I don't follow you. Are you saying the search let's you put in a word and it'll show you all notes,messages etc with the word in it, Or are you useing it to find a word in the page you have open, or it shows titles of notes etc with the word?
    Search on the torch does everthing I mentioned but list the notes and messages with the word in the body. If you have the body opened you can "find" the word. The way you have this worded could go either way.

04-19-11 06:27 PM
    This search let you find a note (or tasks, message, ect) you don't have opened, on a body.
    See attachments
    04-20-11 12:02 AM
    Thanks for the info
    04-20-11 07:46 AM
    It's legacy search(the old search method) and not Something from quick launch. I have it if i launch search from six tools as a extra convenience key.
    04-20-11 07:49 AM
    This search let you find a note (or tasks, message, ect) you don't have opened, on a body.
    See attachments
    Aight then "as I understand you" the uni search on os 6 does the same thing. If it doesn't you have to go into search options. And select each of the items.and
    I use my search a lot, and it'll bring up everthing you said. Really to me the only difference is it'll give you other places to search besides your device.
    My often use of search was why I was interrested in this app. I havemt gotten quick launch cause I've been able to theme my torch in ways that put things at my fimger tips alittle better than QL imo.
    What I was interrested in was the ability to search the body for the words. I.E I have a memopad of lumber prices from lowes by size. 2x8x10 $9.97 for example. I would like to beable to kust type in 2x8 and the memopad open up. As it is I just type lowrs and it brangs up the memo. The reason why is because I have pricelist from a couple other places and I might have the same material in priced in different list. Si by outting in the material name and search showing all of the pricelist that has that material in ir, it saves me from openning all my pricelist to compair or messing a bargin. I hope this makes somekind of sense. Windows can search like this if it helps to understand what I'm saying.

04-20-11 01:06 PM
    Can anyone post a link to download/purchase legacy search app for blackberry torch then?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by rainmaker789; 04-20-11 at 06:03 PM.
    04-20-11 05:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD