I just got my first Blackberry a few weeks ago and I've learned a lot from the people here, so thanks. I've come to realize a few things in the 3 weeks since I got my Torch. First, it's an Iphone world. Every one of my favorite websites have apps for the Iphone and none for the Blackberry. Also all the podcasts I want to subscribe to only work for Iphones and don't for my Blackberry, shouldn't a podcast work for all smart phones? As well, I like to listen to live radio but none of them will play on my BB, they all seem to need Flash player that doesn't work on my BB, also streaming video that plays on my brothers Iphone won't play on my BB without the Flash player. Again, when trying to find a case for my Torch I went to six AT&T stores, they had one type of case for the Torch and an entire WALL of cases for the Iphone. Just seems a shame there's not much support for a great product.
    Last edited by skytrooper; 05-03-11 at 06:51 PM.
    05-03-11 06:30 PM
    "I like to listen to live radio but none of them will play on my BB,"
    Get TuneIn Radio - free BB App in App World

"also streaming video that plays on my brothers Iphone won't play on my BB without the Flash player"
    Don't know why it would make a difference since neither of the devices support flash.

"Again, when trying to find a case for my Torch I went to six AT&T stores, they had one type of case for the Torch and an entire WALL of cases for the Iphone. "
    This is the stores fault/choice. There are plenty of cases for each BB, many of which are sold via Crackberry Store and many many other online and physical stores.

Your post has a hint of BB bashing to it. Intentional or not maybe you need an iPhone if it has everything you like/want in a smart phone.
    Technerd.McLeod likes this.
    05-03-11 07:00 PM
    "I like to listen to live radio but none of them will play on my BB,"
    Get TuneIn Radio - free BB App in App World

"also streaming video that plays on my brothers Iphone won't play on my BB without the Flash player"
    Don't know why it would make a difference since neither of the devices support flash.

"Again, when trying to find a case for my Torch I went to six AT&T stores, they had one type of case for the Torch and an entire WALL of cases for the Iphone. "
    This is the stores fault/choice. There are plenty of cases for each BB, many of which are sold via Crackberry Store and many many other online and physical stores.

Your post has a hint of BB bashing to it. Intentional or not maybe you need an iPhone if it has everything you like/want in a smart phone.
    No bashing, just an observation. I love my Torch. But let's face it, it's an Iphone world. As my OP stated, it seems just about every website has an Iphone app but no BB app.
    05-03-11 07:18 PM
    There are plenty of cases for the Torch.
    1) carrier store accessories are a freakin rip off and not representative of what's released anyways...
    2) Most website apps are glorified versions of their mobile websites which are not phone specific...
    3) Flash isn't supported
    tbrenn likes this.
    05-03-11 07:43 PM
    Haha. I went to buy a case for my torch today. Only had one case in. I also bought a case for my inspire, of which there were too many to choose from. AT&T never seems to really want to stock blackberry accessories. Interestingly, Tmobile and Sprint carry many different options for blackberry needs. It's unfortunate that neither has the torch though. It's also unfortunate that I had to frequent other carriers for blackberry accessories.

I also own an iphone. No one but the Apple Store keeps those darn headphones in stock. I think that makes me more upset than the lack of options I have for blackberry accessories. Thank goodness for the internet.

Also, as to your observations, those are the little things you should note before deciding on a device. Then you decide if you can live with those little things.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-11 12:57 AM
    I just got my first Blackberry a few weeks ago and I've learned a lot from the people here, so thanks. I've come to realize a few things in the 3 weeks since I got my Torch. First, it's an Iphone world. Every one of my favorite websites have apps for the Iphone and none for the Blackberry. Also all the podcasts I want to subscribe to only work for Iphones and don't for my Blackberry, shouldn't a podcast work for all smart phones? As well, I like to listen to live radio but none of them will play on my BB, they all seem to need Flash player that doesn't work on my BB, also streaming video that plays on my brothers Iphone won't play on my BB without the Flash player. Again, when trying to find a case for my Torch I went to six AT&T stores, they had one type of case for the Torch and an entire WALL of cases for the Iphone. Just seems a shame there's not much support for a great product.
    There are many "radio" stations that stream to BB phones...just look in AppWorld. The video's play, you just have to use the mobile version for places like YouTube etc. Podcasts are no problem for the Torch, because I download them on to it all the time. The problem may not be with the Torch, but with the owner knowing how to do these things. Torch cases are available online and at your BestBuy store. AT&T stores don't even carry data cables...the only cable they carry for the torch is for charging, but it will not transfer data. As someone else posted, avoid the AT&T store and shop online or at places like BestBuy that offer a wide selection.
    05-04-11 10:52 AM
    Blackberry is coming out with it's own radio app as well. For some reason it's not available to me in the Beta Zone.

Podcasts should work. Have you used the BB Podcast Program?

But you're right. BB isn't for everyone. Lots of folks getting android and Iphones.

Nice, if thats how they live. Phones arent just phones anymore. They're important pieces of daily communication. We all communicate differently and have our own preferences. Some want to do what they gotta do and have some niceties, some want a full blown entertainment system.

That's why comparing Iphones and Androids with Blackberry's is almost impossible. 2 different animals.
    05-04-11 11:12 AM

As said, neither the iPhone or BB has Flash. Would need to know what you want to stream specifically to help you. The Torch has a YouTube player that plays YouTube videos fine.

As said for cases: check out the Crackberry Store, eBay, and online. There are tons of quality cases for the Torch. You can also look online for specific brands to see what they have for the Torch. All the major names make a case for the Torch. You can search the forum to see what people here have bought and liked. AT&T stores are very limited in the selection of anything that's not the top seller.
    05-04-11 12:39 PM
    Hang in there, newbie! Took me a good six months to take full advantage of my BB Flip, now it's the on-screen and full Qwerty keyboards. Shop CrackBerry App Store and BB App World for apps, Amazon for accessories. Me, I felt really awkward walking into the AT&T store with my unlocked T-Mo torch! It's not like the T-Mo store would do me any good, either. :-/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-11 06:21 PM
    Congrats on your new device as well as being your first BlackBerry. I love my torch and it's awesome to have the option of using the physical keyboard and/or touchscreen.
    05-04-11 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD