I just ordered my torch today directly from the AT&T website. I decided to take the advise of a lot of people here on CB and not order from a non AT&T store. I spent a little more doing it this way but I feel comfortable knowing that if I have a problem I can just exchange it at an AT&T store.
    I just hope I don't need to do an exchange.
    09-22-10 06:38 PM
    You're odds are good - despite what the "feeling" is in this forum.

When you get it the first thing you should do right off the bat is install the .246 leak.

I'd also caution against using the "device switch wizard" - better to just transfer over your contacts, calendar, etc. - vital data - and do all the settings from scratch - including finding and installing your programs. I think a lot of problems have stemmed from trying to carry over 5.0 settings and such to 6.0.

Good luck and ENJOY!
    09-22-10 06:41 PM
    I actually wont be transferring anything over since right now I am currently using a "dumb phone". All I need are the contacts. I just need to figure out if there is a way I can transfer them. I think I might have a fun job ahead for my assistant. That should keep her busy for an hour or so. Lol
    09-22-10 06:44 PM
    CongratulatiOns for getting the Torch. You will have your hands full once it arrives.Feel free to ask questions when you can't find the answer using Search

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-10 06:47 PM
    I actually wont be transferring anything over since right now I am currently using a "dumb phone". All I need are the contacts. I just need to figure out if there is a way I can transfer them. I think I might have a fun job ahead for my assistant. That should keep her busy for an hour or so. Lol
    You should be able to copy your contacts on your dumbphone to the SIM card and then import them into your torch.
    09-22-10 06:53 PM
    I have some experience with berries but I'm sure with the new os imaging to have some questions. The only question I have right now is when the ****
    is my torch going to get here???? Icant wait till Friday!!!!!!
    09-22-10 06:54 PM
    Only a few more hours....
    09-22-10 09:14 PM
    Make sure to tell us how it works out for you. I'm looking to upgrade from the 9700. Can't choose between 9800 or 9780.
    The Torch 9800, same software, larger "touch" screen..
    09-22-10 11:24 PM
    Can you not use addressbook.att.net to move your contacts over to there and than sync them to your blackberry or is that not going to happen with a "dumb" phone?
    09-22-10 11:32 PM
    Not sure that would work. My current phone is with vzw not AT&T
    09-23-10 12:47 PM
    I got my Torch about 90 minutes ago and I found my first problem. The problem is I can't put it down!!! IM IN LOVE!!!!!!

Details-
    Handheld made in Mexico 4
    Accessories made in Japan, China, & Turkey.

running 141 out of the box.

So far I have tried out a lot of the features of the device and found ZERO FLAWS. I don't think that I will do an os update until I start to see problems or glitchy things happen. I think Im going to end up with carpal tunnel from this thing. I cant put it down.
    09-24-10 11:57 AM
    Sounds great. Running OS .141 with no issues.
    09-24-10 12:10 PM
    woooo congrats on ur purpose. Im loving this phone. Upgrading to the newest OS leak is worthwhile. Everything just seems snappier with a lot less bugs.
    09-24-10 01:32 PM
    Upgrade the OS now. You'll love the phone more

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-10 05:46 PM
    I just ordered my torch today directly from the AT&T website. I decided to take the advise of a lot of people here on CB and not order from a non AT&T store. I spent a little more doing it this way but I feel comfortable knowing that if I have a problem I can just exchange it at an AT&T store.
    I just hope I don't need to do an exchange.
    Well I bought all my BB's from non AT&T stores (Letstalk.com) for the past 5 years and never had a problem returning them to AT&T when something went wrong with them, so dont know what sound advice you were getting, but as long as they are legit, you have nothing to fear, plus I saved over $100.00 on my Torch, so I'm good in that aspect, and I'm the one who's really cautious about certain retailers.
    09-24-10 06:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD