The Torch is fire!!! I am loving the phone more and more each day!!! My last phone was a 9700 it was also amazing. The thing I love about the Torch is a fun device to use period!!! Sure there could be improvements but none of the phones I have had have ever been perfect. The Torch is my new baby.
    Last edited by omi10468; 08-19-10 at 11:03 AM. Reason: typo
    08-19-10 11:00 AM
    The "SYNC" USB/Bluetooth system is only available in Ford cars. It's made by Microsoft, so...
    I have found that all Blackberrys so far streamed well with it (even "next" and pause/play using the steering wheel buttons- where the iPhone 4 wouldn't !!). I've yet to try the Torch , but will and report back.
    08-19-10 11:04 AM
    ... i love the attention that im getting when im going in stores and people ask me about my phone and how they want one so badly...
    Got a picture of that? I'll turn that into a motivational poster with the following quote:

"Social Networking - you're doing it right."

08-19-10 12:33 PM
    I can't wait to get it! Then i can join these messages and say how much I love my torch hahaha
    08-19-10 12:42 PM
    LOL!!!! You sound so excited!!!
    Hope to hear very soon that you already have it!
    08-19-10 12:44 PM
    LOL!!!! You sound so excited!!!
    Hope to hear very soon that you already have it!
    haha! Well once rogers gets it then I can join in =P
    08-19-10 12:46 PM
    So hard reading crackberry...lol.
    I wanted this phone so bad at launch but I have read so many complaints on here that it kinda turned me off...Then I see a Thread like this.

Once rogers gets it I will defiantly be trying it out. Currently have a BB 8310 and have been super happy with it (browser is weak but dont use it much)

Currently deciding between Torch, Iphone4, Samsung Captivate Torch has me cause I love blackberry keyboards

Uhhhh the decisions
    08-19-10 01:08 PM
    After one week, I am still getting used to the Torch. It lags here and there but nothing too bad. I haven't downloaded any apps yet (besides Google Maps) because I want to see how it preforms before / after.

After using the Torch for a week I can't imagine going back to the 9700 but am still curious about the iPhone 4. The Torch is a bit bulky and heavy compared to the iPhone. Another downside is trying to quickly text someone, not as easy as the 9700. My other complaint is the placement of the charging port, it gets in the way of typing when plugged in and pretty annoying.
    08-19-10 01:31 PM
    Currently deciding between Torch, Iphone4, Samsung Captivate Torch has me cause I love blackberry keyboards

Uhhhh the decisions
    I love BB keypads. Handled capacitive touch screens on iPhones, Samsung Galaxy S personally - iPhone wins in touch responsiveness and UI, really well-built device, but can't say much about iOS.

I won't dump my Curve 8520 for any of those pure touch screen phones the magic is in the keypad!

Hope this helps in your decision making process.
    08-19-10 01:34 PM
    After one week, I am still getting used to the Torch. It lags here and there but nothing too bad. I haven't downloaded any apps yet (besides Google Maps) because I want to see how it preforms before / after.

After using the Torch for a week I can't imagine going back to the 9700 but am still curious about the iPhone 4. The Torch is a bit bulky and heavy compared to the iPhone. Another downside is trying to quickly text someone, not as easy as the 9700. My other complaint is the placement of the charging port, it gets in the way of typing when plugged in and pretty annoying.
    I originally wanted the iphone 4 until all the issues surfaced. So I patiently waited for the 9800. But I too was curious after owning it for a week. Went to AT&T for a case-mate barely there for my wife's 9800 and spent some quality time with the IP4. Here are my findings:

- missed the notification bar drop-down and custom text/message/email/app sounds
    - really missed the follow up flag settings in email (less need to create a task for follow up)
    - text/HTML emails looked better on the 9800 (formatted emails)
    - better display on IP4
    - IP4 browser a bit better than 9800
    - not having to swipe between screens; on 9800 you can just tap the left or right side of the screen banner.
    - better call quality on 9800 (no tinny/echo on my 9800 on .141)

So glad I want back to try the iphone 4 again. Makes me appreciate even more my torch.
    08-19-10 01:54 PM
    I originally wanted the iphone 4 until all the issues surfaced. So I patiently waited for the 9800. But I too was curious after owning it for a week. Went to AT&T for a case-mate barely there for my wife's 9800 and spent some quality time with the IP4. Here are my findings:

- missed the notification bar drop-down and custom text/message/email/app sounds
    - really missed the follow up flag settings in email (less need to create a task for follow up)
    - text/HTML emails looked better on the 9800 (formatted emails)
    - better display on IP4
    - IP4 browser a bit better than 9800
    - not having to swipe between screens; on 9800 you can just tap the left or right side of the screen banner.
    - better call quality on 9800 (no tinny/echo on my 9800 on .141)

So glad I want back to try the iphone 4 again. Makes me appreciate even more my torch.

did not know about the tapping function. add that to the list of functions I like about OS 6.0 and the torch.
    08-19-10 02:41 PM
    Just picked mine up a few hours ago. Coming from the Storm 2, its a definite change. The phone, BB, end buttons all seem odd and so does the trackpad. Squishy feeling, but I m sure its because I'm used to using the Surepress. I got my son one as well and he hasn't put it down yet.

2G Data limit is aggravating, but I guess I can deal with it.

So far so good. Some themes would be great though.
    08-19-10 02:49 PM
    Thanks for all the replies guys! Greatly appreciated.
    08-20-10 03:30 AM
    The Microsoft SYNC system in Ford cars update: It works fine in my Company car streaming on Bluetooth.Steering wheel controls work too. Try updating your SYNC software if you are having problems.
    08-20-10 07:48 PM
    Hey guys,
    After one week with my torch I have a few thoughts to share. I have been using blackberries for the past five years. The torch is a nice addition tot the family. Every blackberry has its issues, but one learns to work with them because of all the other benefits. Example: When I had my 8830, no mms. The torch has grown on me in the week. Upgrading from 141 to 161 helped a lot. Speed improved, and the "tin can" sound was fixed. With 161 I have experienced a few minor bugs, but nothing that forced a reboot. I love the form factor. The slider is a perfect device for my use.
    My current torch has been a very solid piece since day one. However, since yesterday I am starting to notice that the slider is getting looser. This is a surprise to me. I can handle where the looseness is currently, but if it continues I fear it will get exchanged...again.
    Let's hope that week two will yeild no more negative results.
    Cheers,
    Hammer_Gaidin

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-10 10:08 PM
    I must say after a full week's use, I am loving this berry! I was a bit hesitant leaving Sprint and my unliimited data package but I know I have made the right choice and I am very happy. It took me a while to get used to the touch screen coming from a 9650 but now that I got the hang of things i am moving smoothly! There has been a bit a lag but not much to complain about. Overall I am very satisfied with my Torch and hope I will be just as satisfied with AT&T service -minus them not having unllimited data.
    08-21-10 09:24 AM
    I got the Torch the Tuesday before it came out that week, (Blackberry Event), I have loved it from day one. I also own an iPhone 4 as my personal line, and I honestly could say that I prefer the Torch overall.

I guess I'm lucky because I didn't have ANY problems with the device. The physical keyboard is great, the browser is awesome (coming from my old 8310 company phone) it just looks and feels great.
    No lag experienced from me either

I use my iPhone more for games now

08-21-10 10:00 AM
    did not know about the tapping function. add that to the list of functions I like about OS 6.0 and the torch.
    +1! The only time I was having any lag was when I was sliding/swiping to switch views - there would be a very slight delay. But when I tap the banner, instant switch with no delay whatsoever. Have I mentioned I LOVE this BB??
    08-21-10 01:05 PM
    Just purchased it on no commitment basis (very expensive). Thought i'd try it for 30 days while still hanging onto my 9560 on sprint. So far the phone is great. Very worried about giving up sprint which has been just great. My son has the new iphone and has had little problem with att to date. Considering returning it at the end of 30 days for refund and waiting for it to come to sprint by the holidays only to stay on the sprint. At least i know what its been like owning one. What do u guys think of my plan?
    08-21-10 01:27 PM
    not a good plan since it isn't coming to sprint.
    08-21-10 03:57 PM
    No, but I don't think he means this exact phone. Most likely means this style BB...

08-21-10 05:48 PM
    huh? Sounds like from the internet the torch will make it to other american carriers once the gig with att is up.
    08-21-10 09:47 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD