Well guys, I've got a few problems with my Torch due to my anger problems. Long story short, I got angry because this lad gave me trouble while in a nightclub for talking to my friend, so I laid down the law by slinging my Torch at the floor, twice. (yes, I need help I know, I'm trying to seek help, but it's not looking good right now).

Anyway, here are the 2 main problems with the phone:
    1) I can only connect via 3G now. The GPRS/EDGE just doesn't happen, nor does GSM. If I try to use 2G, it diverts to SOS only, even where I had full GPRS/EDGE signal. Connect via 3G and it will connect if there's a 3G signal about...

2) The slider is jammed. For those whos Torches work right, you'll notice it is somewhat springloaded such that it springs either full open or fully closed. Mine doesn't do that anymore, and it is also more difficult to start the sliding process.

So, is there any way to get these problems repaired? Warranty is already voided due to water damage previously, so a replacement/free repair is out of the question, however I am willing to pay for a repair if I have to. Is there any way I could fix it myself, and if so, how difficult would it be and what would it involve?
    05-28-11 01:03 PM
    Sorry to hear that your Torch was the victim! Here is a site that has two videos on how your device comes apart and goes back together. They also sell repair parts. You may also check to see if any repair shops are nearby and determine their prices. Good luck with everything!

Blackberry Torch 9800 OEM Black full midplate - QWERTY - - Cellular Accessories | Mobile
    05-28-11 02:04 PM
    Sorry to hear that your Torch was the victim! Here is a site that has two videos on how your device comes apart and goes back together. They also sell repair parts. You may also check to see if any repair shops are nearby and determine their prices. Good luck with everything!

Blackberry Torch 9800 OEM Black full midplate - QWERTY - - Cellular Accessories | Mobile
    Cheers, but do you know where I can buy replacement radio chips. I need a replacement radio chip too...
    05-28-11 02:12 PM
    I am not aware of any radio chip suppliers. You could ask CNN.CN or maybe just find a device on eBay and put yer sim card in it. That ma be cheaper in the long run and less frustrating.
    05-28-11 02:16 PM
    My only option is repair unfortunately
    05-28-11 02:29 PM
    That's a bummer. I will check around for radio replacements. Have you inquired here on crackberry? They do phone repair via the mail!
    05-28-11 02:50 PM
    05-28-11 02:53 PM
    I would take it apart first, might not necessarily be a bad radio but a bad connector going from the radio to the antenna. When it was thrown down the board might have become temporarily disloged causing a connection issue with the antenna for 2G side of things.
    05-28-11 03:33 PM
    Mate just get it repaired by someone who knows their shiz. I'm sure the cost will sting but it'll add to the lesson learnt!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-11 03:59 PM
    Mate just get it repaired by someone who knows their shiz. I'm sure the cost will sting but it'll add to the lesson learnt!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Well as far as I know repair will cost me �250-300. Given the phone itself cost �425... It really WILL sting.

EDIT: Turns out insurance DOES cover liquid damage. There might be a �50 excess to pay though.
    Last edited by Paladinleeds; 05-29-11 at 07:08 AM.
    05-28-11 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD