Really am fed up with my Torch 9800 now.

I've upgraded my OS as the Desktop Manager told me to!

Since then: no App World (I've deleted, reinstalledm, battery pulled, tried version .55 - nothing!)
    email won't sync any more
    texts only seem to work during the day! At least once a day I have to battery pull as it seems to block texts regularly.
    every time I battery pull, it drains the battery!
    it keeps claiming memory is low, but when I check, there's loooads of memory still available.

Really am fed up with it now. Considering cutting my losses, selling it and going to Android.

I'm on 02 UK btw

Thanks x
    BarnacleGoose likes this.
    12-02-12 05:28 AM
    Really am fed up with my Torch 9800 now.

I've upgraded my OS as the Desktop Manager told me to!

Since then: no App World (I've deleted, reinstalledm, battery pulled, tried version .55 - nothing!)
    email won't sync any more
    texts only seem to work during the day! At least once a day I have to battery pull as it seems to block texts regularly.
    every time I battery pull, it drains the battery!
    it keeps claiming memory is low, but when I check, there's loooads of memory still available.

Really am fed up with it now. Considering cutting my losses, selling it and going to Android.

I'm on 02 UK btw

Thanks x
    still considering?
    if not, why don't you try to reload OS to the latest. mine is .666. theres more updated actually. and once installed, go to BB website thru your device browser and download appworld from there. it should be 4.0.0.65 for the latest appworld.
    from there the registration of bbid should be a breeze.
    might be good if u download over wifi.
    hope this help.

Sent from my unsliding slider BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    12-02-12 05:53 AM
    Sounds like a bad install of the OS. Reinstalling is in order. The 9800 is a fine device with some of the latest OS installs.
    12-02-12 07:25 AM
    yup. reinstall OS.

Sent from my unsliding slider BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    12-02-12 10:16 AM
    Thanks for the replies

I only just installed the OS - 6.0 2647? Did it twice to be honest to see if it fixed any of the problems. i've installed and uninstalled App world about a dozen times now - versions 55, 63 and 65. Nothing works.

Sometimes I get texts, sometimes I don't - which is worse than nothing!

Had enough really - much as I hate the cult of Apple, no-one I know with an iPhone seems to have any of the bother that BB users seem to get
    12-02-12 01:19 PM
    for app world then just downgrade blackberry app world... (i think its 4.0.0.55) its just the one before the newest! there is a problem with the current bb app world on operating systems below like 6.0.0.7xx
    12-04-12 08:18 AM
    i agree with you, WorldofSab, this phone has been a nightmare since day one. It was finally working in a satisfactory manner, and then two weeks ago I updated the OS. Now, i can't synch my business contacts with my business email, nor does it give me any options to synch with my business email, although i can synch all my business contacts with my personal email. Absolute BS.
    12-07-12 04:44 PM
    I agree 100%. Ever since the OS update my torch has been bogged down, even after a complete wipe and reinstall. I cant browse using 3G anymore without a message of "a communication problem has occurred, if the problem persists contact your service provider". I contacted Telus and they were not able to resolve the issue on their end, everything was fine with the network. But it's not like I need the data anymore anyway, since google has dropped their support for the Gmail apps and calendar sync. I've spend more time in the forums trying to correct these issues than using my phone in the last month, I am this close to buying a different, non-RIM phone.
    I'm glad to know I'm not the only one!
    12-07-12 05:21 PM
    Another thing is use a program bbsak or bbh-tool to do a wipe on your device, then use AppLoader to load the OS back on the device. The desktop software might not be fully wiping or restoring something back to the device that is causing the problems.
    12-13-12 01:07 PM