Is there anyway to remove or rearrange these? After 24 hours I feel like I could be alot more efficient without some of the repetition and extra scrolling I have to do?
    08-14-10 08:50 PM
    Hold your finger down on an icon, and then you'll get an option to move, etc, etc...

Albeit, I will say this, I added about 5-6 icons (applications) to my Favourites, and then noticed today they are all gone! I wasn't impressed...
    08-14-10 09:25 PM
    Hold your finger down on an icon, and then you'll get an option to move, etc, etc...

Albeit, I will say this, I added about 5-6 icons (applications) to my Favourites, and then noticed today they are all gone! I wasn't impressed...

Honestly, you might already forget the painstaking rebooting technique.

But for OS6, you still need to battery pull twice a day at least...

Otherwise there will be bugs. issues.

XD
    08-14-10 09:39 PM
    I'm having the same issue, not a fan of this extra work to scroll across trays. As for moving icons, they are locked on my download tray and I can only move icons on all and media. This needs some tweaking since you cant add or remove trays or move some icons from the looks of it.
    08-14-10 10:09 PM
    Yeah, I'm talking about the trays. I want more control over them. I honestly think I could do without 2 of them for a much improved experience.
    08-14-10 10:16 PM
    same here- over half my "favorites" icons disappeared. but when you click on the said icons from "all" tray, it prompts you to "mark as favorite". so somehow they are still marked as favorite but then they don't show up in the favorites tray.
    08-14-10 10:16 PM
    Would like more control over the trays as well. However, no issues so far with icons marked as 'favorites' showing and staying in 'favorites' tray - have shut down and done full reboot, still there.
    08-15-10 12:43 AM
    frequent tab is probably the least wanted. i mean whats the point, whats the formula for putting these icons in there?

Considering the blackberry OS is a true multi-tasking device, what happens when I have brick breaker open all day, using it quite regularly throughout the day without closing it. would this mean this app would be relegated out of that tab to something that gets opened twice but used less?

I wonder if it takes into account the usage amounts?

I know in the application management in OS 6 it shows how long you've used an application for? could that play some part in what goes into the frequents tab. I think this just comes down to how many times you click an app.

either way. I agree, sliding across the screen is cool and all but being able to decide which tray to have there or not would be nice or a way to jump to one of the trays without having to slide back and forth.

if anything i would have loved to have seen the background have two views. one for being pretty and the other for widgets. oh well.

os 6.1 here i come? :P
    08-15-10 03:53 AM

XD
    u might want to take your phone back if you are battery pulling at least twice a day. my torch works fine. although i am upgrading to .246 or maybe .225 i havent decided yet.
    10-02-10 10:46 AM
    .225 fixes some of the bugs with these 'trays'. The Clear option for Frequent and Downloads now works, where it didn't in .141. Not sure about Favorites, though ... seems like it puts stuff in and takes it out on a whim. No biggie, 'cos I never use that screen anyway.

Probably my biggest criticism of the OS in general is the ability to manage trays. I personally don't see the need for any of them and would welcome the ability to add, remove, rearrange, rename and move stuff in and out of them at will. Stuff I don't use much I put in a separate folder, which automatically makes the All screen my Favorites. Media and Downloads used to work just fine in their own folders (in fact Media still is, which makes that screen completely redundant). And Frequent is just, well, useless to me.

Certainly doesn't take much away from the rest of the experience ... I still love the phone. That functionality would just allow me to make it that much more personalized. Maybe it will be available in a future OS or theme ...
    10-02-10 11:07 AM

XD
    I would return your Torch if you are battery pulling twice a day. With the orginal version, I didnt have to do two battery pulls in a week. I have been on .246 for three days now and havnt battery pulled once. It seems like your phone is bugged up.
    10-02-10 11:33 AM
    You guys realise that this thread was almost 2 months old right? I'm sure the OP has either moved on or solved his/her issues

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-10 11:37 AM
    Didnt really look to be honest....
    10-02-10 11:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD