Well from just playing with it for a while and fully charged, I noticed it dropped much faster than the 9700. I think it be a good idea to have a second battery for back up on the Torch.
    08-12-10 05:21 PM
    Thas not a good sign.........I rember my Storm had terrible battery life. Keep us posted.
    08-12-10 05:24 PM
    My battery hasn't moved more than 20% all day, and I have been molesting this phone.
    08-12-10 05:31 PM
    Yea I'm going to be investing in a Seidio battery pack. Hopefully I can find one that doesn't require an extended battery door. Those are just ugly and stick out.
    08-12-10 05:32 PM
    I think this is BS.

I am betting that the 9800 will get about the same battery service as the 9700 or more than enough for the average person for a day. plug it in while you sleep and you are good to go. I laugh when I hear about these people who get 2, 3 or 4 days without recharging! I use my phone!
    08-12-10 05:52 PM
    Well I charge mine everyday. It's a must. I'm a heavy user.
    08-12-10 06:12 PM
    Change mine everyday when I use it as well

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-10 06:21 PM
    I wouldn't mind a comparison between for those normal/heavy users who have moved from phones like the storm, 9000, 9700 etc.

give us a good indication. then again, it is a new battery. get them worked in first and whilst making you charge to the top :P
    08-12-10 07:55 PM
    Well from just playing with it for a while and fully charged, I noticed it dropped much faster than the 9700. I think it be a good idea to have a second battery for back up on the Torch.
    Seeing as you haven't even had a chance to give the battery an overnight charge, i wouldn't jump to a conclusion so hastily. It's recommended by almost all battery manufacturer to charge a new battery for 24hrs, so you can get the best use out of your battery. Stop scaring people, and jumping to conclusions so quickly.
    08-12-10 08:04 PM
    Haven't had any issues with the battery.
    08-12-10 08:09 PM
    So I'm guessing my 9700 battery and my Seidio 1600mah battery that I bought for my 9700 sh0uld work in the 9800 correct?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-10 08:19 PM
    The battery is different in the 9800
    08-12-10 11:08 PM
    Your right, I may have jumped the gun. It seems steady now that I have charged it some more.

I have used youtube, music, pictures, surfing and seems to be holding up pretty good and it appears I can make a full day depending how hard i use it.

Seeing as you haven't even had a chance to give the battery an overnight charge, i wouldn't jump to a conclusion so hastily. It's recommended by almost all battery manufacturer to charge a new battery for 24hrs, so you can get the best use out of your battery. Stop scaring people, and jumping to conclusions so quickly.
    08-12-10 11:25 PM
    Initially, mine came with a 20% charge and it seemed to die extremely fast. In the end, I just let it go until the phone actually turned off and am now leaving it on the charger. It seems to be taking a looong time to charge up, but hopefully it will take an even looooonger time to wind down
    08-12-10 11:30 PM
    Well a strange thing happened to me. The battery was 1/4 left on it last night and this morning it was dead? Well I did want to run it down but didn't expect it to die overnight without usage.
    08-13-10 10:27 AM
    Ok I have now have let it fully drain and fully charge a few times now to get a better feel for the battery. I have logged off fb, tw, googlemaps lowered the back light to 80, made sure wifi was off.

I fully charged my phone yesterday before 2:30pm as I was going to be an extra and knew I wanted a fully charged phone with me to surf while waiting. I started using the phone around 3pm and about at midnight it was almost dead. I still had three more hours to go so I turned it off a few times to try to make it until 2am but did not quit make it. It was in the red but was still able to surf the crackberry website while in the red which was cool.

Im thinking back to the 9700 and I can honestly say because of the slowness on the browser at times or just plain frustration I would stop surfing preserving battery life.

Well not with the Torch, I surf and surf and very happy with the Torch. Now I must say I personally going to need a second battery as I will be on sets in the near future and with the downtime of waiting around, I can see the battery running down all the way.

Now this is not a bad thing, the Torch is getting more use than the 9700 and is the reason battery dies quicker and that to me is a good thing that I am finally able to surf more and more sites I could not with my 9700 and that is my opinion.
    Last edited by espresso1967; 08-15-10 at 12:50 PM.
    08-15-10 12:48 PM
    The battery on my 9800 lasts less than on the 9700, but not noticeably so. I've charged fully twice since I got it on Thursday, and I've been abusing it pretty steadily.

Just thought - I will buy a spare battery, I always do.
    This is one of my main gripes about the iPhone, that it does not allow you to carry a spare.
    08-15-10 12:52 PM
    My battery lasted only 7 hours total the first day after a full charge and with WiFi on. The 4 hour conf call sure didn't help! Second day lasted 14 hrs with light use and only a few calls. Seems as if phone calls really take a chunk out of battery life more than anything else...true? today seems to be better. 90% at 2:3o. Started at 9:30 but it is Sunday and have really done nothing but check emails.
    08-15-10 01:27 PM
    I exchanged my Torch today after having an issue with the battery the first two full days of use (Friday and Saturday). I fully charged it when I got it on Thursday, then fully charged it again overnight on Thursday and on Friday. Friday I was down to 30% by 8 pm and Saturday 20% by about the same time -- waaaay worse than with identical use on my old 9000.

We'll see tomorrow if this new unit fares any better. If it still sucks, I might go for whatever Seido comes out with if it doesn't add bulk. But I don't want to carry an extra battery. Those kind of concerns are taken care of by chargers in the car and in the office, but right now, all I have is the one at home (and I'm still waiting for micro to mini USB plug adapters to arrive in the mail).
    08-15-10 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD