^ That's great news for the 'power' users.
    Thanks for the info.
    02-16-11 10:28 AM
    ^ That's great news for the 'power' users.
    Thanks for the info.
    No worries. I am keeping a close eye out for the battery on their website and will post back when they do release it
    02-16-11 10:35 AM
    Check out my "awesome" mod job I hacked an AGF GRT case to fit my extended battery

http://forums.crackberry.com/f77/tor...attery-584133/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-11 09:26 AM
    ^ Good job. I'll bet that was fun to do.
    Still, it makes a handsome phone look hideous. Quasimodo anyone?
    02-17-11 09:39 AM
    Hahaha, it IS pretty terrible But yeah, a bunch of fun. And the battery actually lasts 3 days.

02-17-11 10:32 AM
    Or to quote one of my favorite lines in Young Frankenstein, "Hump? What Hump?"
    02-17-11 02:57 PM
    Or to quote one of my favorite lines in Young Frankenstein, "Hump? What Hump?"
    Ah yes YF...funny as heck, "Wasn't your hump on the other side"?
    02-17-11 03:21 PM
    its pronounced FRANKENSTEIN !!!
    02-17-11 08:44 PM
    What about inductive charging anyone knows if there is anything for the torch yet?

02-18-11 09:17 AM
    02-18-11 05:39 PM
    Our General Manager uses his Blackberry and nothing else (no PC,laptop,tablet, etc). He also works 14 hour days and demands the extended batteries. He needed a replacement - wanted the Torch 9850, and demanded an extended battery, even if I had to hire engineers to develop them myself... Anyway, after a lot of searching, I found wirelessemporium.com advertising extended batteries for the Torch. We ordered 2 to try. The actual manufacturer is Ontrion. Really weird. Have purchased a lot of extended batteries for him over the years, but nothing like this. Along with the battery and the new door, they send you a device. You have to plug your old battery and the new battery into this, and then the new battery is usable in the device. Seems to work so far! We tested --- tried out of the box into a phone = no dice. After getting it to run in one unit, tried in an identical unit, and it did not work --- until we took the battery out of that unit and ran through the copy process. RIM is doing something to tie a unique identifier to the battery <?! Anyway, so far, so good. Lots of hoops to jump through to get here though --- thought it was worth sharing.

Blackberry Torch 9850
    Last edited by jbs9018; 04-18-12 at 12:57 PM.
    04-18-12 12:55 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD