Who is actually very excited about the 9800 and BB 6 ...

I really like the storm 2 but really miss the keyboard . So I personally can't wait to get the 9800 and have my keyboard back . The screen is big enough and the keyboard will hopefully be a delight to use and of course we have a proper browser now.

Anyone else happy about the 9800.

Just before you ask , no I don't work for Rim . Wish I did.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by bigpolla04; 08-04-10 at 10:32 AM.
    08-04-10 07:25 AM
    I thought I was, at least for RIM's sake. But my 9650 does just fine for me, as well as my OS5......
    08-04-10 07:35 AM
    I am. I look forward to getting it and expect it to meet my needs.
    08-04-10 08:19 AM
    I'd be more excited about it if/when it comes to Sprint. This looks like a more than promising touchscreen slider, and I can't wait to try out OS 6.
    08-04-10 08:37 AM
    I'm excited for it! I love the physical keyboard of my phone, but before my bold I had an LG voyager (touch screen phone with a keyboard inside). I miss my LG(yep. i miss my "dumb phone") but I really love my BlackBerry. This is like the best of both worlds for me!
    08-04-10 08:41 AM
    It will be mine on the 12th. It is what I have been waiting for to replace my 9000.
    08-04-10 08:43 AM
    I dont like sliders but i am sure people will be very pleased with it.
    08-04-10 08:51 AM
    I'll definitely be upgrading to the 9800 as well. Let the ignorant trolls say what they will about it, but RIM knows exactly what they're doing in not making it an over-the-top, battery-killing multimedia device like all the other garbage out there. It's a PHONE and communications device first and foremost. All the extra multimedia capabilities may be far behind the "competition", but that's a good thing in order to make it more reliable phone. I know I don't want a HTPC in my pocket that lasts 2 hours before I have to charge it again, and most people who want a reliable phone first and foremost won't either.
    08-04-10 09:07 AM
    The good news is that with so many people trashing it, I shouldn't have to wait in line or try to to find one a month after it is released.
    08-04-10 09:13 AM
    im still very excited for this phone, less people the better for me
    08-04-10 09:14 AM
    I am definitely excited about the 9800. Full keyboard and full touchscreen are a dream come true. I tried some of the portrait sliders before, but to be honest, it was actually very difficult to type on them - I found that I had to move my thumbs too much and it really made typing awkward. A portrait style, RIM quality keyboard seems like the perfect solution. In any event, I wish the device had better resolution and faster processor while maintaining the same battery life - if that is not possible, I'll take the battery life with the slightly lesser screen and slower processor. My only mild concern is that the movements in the review videos from the launch event seem to be laggy. I hope it's just that the devices had been abused by the masses, and that a clean, well maintained and well cared for 9800 will be more fluid.
    08-04-10 09:16 AM
    Not a big fan of sliders - but would be very interested in the combined keypad/touchscreen version of the Bold. A larger screen, and the same great non-sliding keypad would be a winner, I predict.
    08-04-10 09:18 AM
    I'm not sure if I'm excited or not. Living in the UK and being a customer of Orange we usually have to wait ages before they bring out a phone!!

I'm pleased that my 9700 will be able to run OS6 so it may be I just stick with that for a while. OS6 looks to do so much I'd like to do and my 9700 may not have the 512mb memory of the 9800 or the 9780 and may not have the 5mp camera but even as it is it does most what I want already.

I'd love to try the 9800 as I was a touchscreen user with the Sony Ericsson P series phones before I had BB but I'll see what happens

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-10 06:53 AM
    The main thing I miss on my 9550 is the TrackPad. Highlighting text is a nightmare without it. Add to the fact that the Storm2 is not HSPA-compatible in NA, and that it's not getting OS6 (for now), I'm quite excited about the 9800.
    08-05-10 06:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD