+1

Works like a Charm... and it's more a SmartPhone than my 9700 ever was.
    But like the Torch, that HTC has only a 3.2" 320x480 display (and let's say nothing about the lack of a physical keyboard). So it's obviously an epic failure.
    08-05-10 09:03 AM
    who would ever buy a phone that is a superior communication device in every way if it can't play 3d games!?! I mean what do these people do all day? work? jobs are over rated.
    08-05-10 09:03 AM
    LOL @ bringing up the iPhone 3GS resolution. That was released last year, BTW. The HTC Magic? Last year.

It's 2010.

What's next? Bringing up how the iPhone 2G only has 4gb of storage too? That was released in 2007.
    08-05-10 09:06 AM
    Mjneid, I've used both and do almost everyday because of the reason I gave earlier. I prefer my 9700. I feel it is faster and more advanced than the mytouch 3g. That's why I bought it. I would assume you feel the same way about your phone. I made a joke. Ok? I will now stop discussing your mytouch 3g. I have no interest in getting into a p***ing match over a phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-10 09:09 AM
    But like the Torch, that HTC has only a 3.2" 320x480 display (and let's say nothing about the lack of a physical keyboard). So it's obviously an epic failure.
    Which also came out in 2009, not darn near 2011.

LOL @ bringing up the iPhone 3GS resolution. That was released last year, BTW. The HTC Magic? Last year.
    That's kinda of the point we are making, The phone that RIM has released as their "flagship" has the same specs as a phone that is 1.5-2 years old.
    Last edited by mjneid; 08-05-10 at 09:36 AM.
    08-05-10 09:33 AM
    Which also came out in 2009, not darn near 2011.

That's kinda of the point we are making, The phone that RIM has released as their "flagship" has the same specs as a phone that is 1.5-2 years old.
    I agree but that poster keeps posting that same spec in every thread seems to miss the point.
    08-05-10 09:49 AM
    there are more BB's than any other smartphone in the world. Governments love them, corporation love them,and a average sized group of consumers than love them. RIM isnt dying anytime soon. unfortunently for the fanboys.
    08-05-10 09:58 AM
    Wrong. It was designed to add consumer phone features to a BB. Big difference.
    It's a phone targeted to consumers. Whether that makes it a "consumer phone" or a phone that has "consumer features added" isn't relevant - it's still competing against the iPhone and Android.
    08-05-10 09:59 AM
    Here is why I will be buying the Torch, bigger screen than my 9700, its touch and has a physical keyboard. I will use it a my primary phone, not even for business use. Am I happy about all the specs...no...is it better than my current 9700...yes. 4gm of internal storage is plenty for me, I also have a 16gb micro sd card. I never play games on my phone, nor store many songs or movies on it, I have an ipod touch for that. I am looking very forward to this device. The great news is no one is making anyone buy it so if your not happy with all the specs, buy another device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-10 09:59 AM
    You've got to be kidding me, right?

Look, I'm not a fan of Apple. I currently have an Android device, and moved to it after owning a Tour and got fed up with cleaning my trackball twice a day after having three replacement devices.

The fact is that the 9800 was designed to be a consumer phone. And if you're looking into the consumer world, it HAS to compete with the likes of iPhone and Android, and it's obvious that it can't. We're not even talking about gaming here - just the overall power of the phone. In the era of when a 1ghz processor in a smartphone is almost standard, the weak processor in the Torch stands out. It would be different if the phone was able to fly with the processor on-board, but it's obvious from the review videos that it doesn't. Especially in the new browser, which looks horridly slow compared to everything else on the market.

As a consumer, why should you go with the Torch over an iPhone 4 or a Droid? Other than BBM, I don't really see a reason.
    Yes, the 9800 is lacking in the processor and screen resolution department. There's no denying that, but if the phone runs smoothly such that it is, it's fine for me.

I rather stick with RIM, at least for now, because I've always been impressed with it's e-mail handling ability, security, AND I don't feel like learning a new phone and all it's quirks, etc.

I'm sure RIM with come out with a Torch 2 or whatever with specs comparable with the IP4 or DX, etc. in the next year or so.
    08-05-10 07:45 PM
    They have the basic set up.
    Now let them begin to upgrade.
    To quote Ron White, "You can't fix stupid"

(I'm talking about Blackberry OS and the 9800. NOT a personal attack or anything about you.. )

They are both fundamentally, and irreparably flawed. No amount of updates can fix this 'basic set up'
    08-05-10 08:25 PM
    To quote Ron White, "You can't fix stupid"

(I'm talking about Blackberry OS and the 9800. NOT a personal attack or anything about you.. )

They are both fundamentally, and irreparably flawed. No amount of updates can fix this 'basic set up'
    What's done is done...RIM is not going to pull the device and completely redo it based upon comments like these. Move on. Wait for the Torch update and stop whining. RIM has struck a good balance with new additions and improved familiar features, a strategy that some may criticize as being not aggressive enough but has served RIM well. Could they have taken a greater leap in terms of hardware/software improvements? Sure they could. Is it possible that the Torch update will compete better with 1GHz processor, HD quality resolution, an improved browser and great battery life? Agian, sure and who wouldn't want that device? Deal with the present and stop whining about what could have been. It is okay not to like this device and your posts in this thread and others make it very clear. We got the point so...move on and stop trashing a device that you have no intention of even trying or buying.
    08-05-10 08:43 PM
    I don't understand why people wont admit (when you take away the email service) it is clearly a disappointing device. Just watched the videos Kevin posted and it got killed in the browser tests. Why wouldn't RIM try to release something somewhat comparable to the current high end devices? Don't get me wrong, I love my BB and the work I can get done on it, but I was really looking forward to something far superior performance wise then the competition is offering. Unfortunately for us, the loyal BB users, they haven't provided us with that
    08-05-10 09:13 PM
    there are more BB's than any other smartphone in the world. Governments love them, corporation love them,and a average sized group of consumers than love them. RIM isnt dying anytime soon. unfortunently for the fanboys.
    Your right, RIM is isn't dying anytime soon, but they are dying slowly, check the statistics. But I guess, if people continue to buy mediocre phones, RIM will continue to produce them. Cant blame RIM, they are making a fortune selling old technology phones, for the price of new technology phones, and people continue to buy them.
    Last edited by Seminoles4Life; 08-05-10 at 09:16 PM.
    08-05-10 09:13 PM
89 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD