i bought 4 on launch day..
    1 for me, 1 for dad and 2 for my brothers...
    All are working just fine up to now...

i think you need to call the attention of Amazon..
    and tell them about your problem.
    09-17-10 08:36 PM
    OP, you really didn't need anyone to tell you to return them if you were not happy and especially if there are issues. Be sure to give the seller a bad review on Amazon so this is not repeated.
    09-17-10 08:52 PM
    ive heard this case fixed some of the sliding issues

AGF GRT Shell - Cell Phone Accessories - Wireless from AT&T
    This case makes the phone vibrate super loud when set to vibrate only.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-10 09:11 PM
    I don't believe the slider is supposed to be perfectly flat or flush with the main bezel since the microphone is on the keypad section (hole directly below the left shift key). There has to be at least a little bit of space there in order not to mute the mic when talking on the phone in the closed position.
    If that were the case, why do most of the phones with the 'loose open slide' sit perfectly flush and solid when slide is closed?
    09-18-10 12:25 PM
    yeah I don't think ANY of the Torch's sit perfectly flush and have zero wiggle forever, it's the nature of the portrait slider format.
    09-18-10 12:27 PM
    OP, you really didn't need anyone to tell you to return them if you were not happy and especially if there are issues. Be sure to give the seller a bad review on Amazon so this is not repeated.
    Yes, that is correct, but I attempted to establish 2 things by opening this thread:

1) Do the Torches have an inherent sliding issue, or did I just get a faulty batch. It seems like the former. I also now know that it is worth my while to return them and swap them out, rather that have to get a refund.

2) Establish whether I was being too "picky" or not by mentioning the exact problems. Seems like a few people do think it is being "too picky" so I might just keep the ones that have a tighter slide.
    09-18-10 12:28 PM
    Glad to see the pics. If you had issues, the thread title was not the best choice as there have been numerous trolling threads and will raise a red flag. My apologies but surely you can understand this point as well as the prevalence of trolls that still post in this device forum. Return the devices that don't meet your standards as the potential customers probably won't want them now.
    I do understand what you are saying about the thread title, and I do apologize. Taking a second look at it, I definitely realize it was not the best choice of words. Sorry if I raised any suspicion because of it.
    09-18-10 12:31 PM
    I think having 10 phones with problems when you bought only 10 say a lot. Some of the Problems you think are not really problems in the first place.
    Have you checked with RIM? I believe they need to open a case for you.

09-18-10 12:33 PM
    For all those accusing me of trolling etc, see attached pic.

Btw, would u like my paypal address for that $10?
    My apologies, I stand corrected. He owes me the $10 btw.
    09-18-10 12:54 PM
    yeah I don't think ANY of the Torch's sit perfectly flush and have zero wiggle forever, it's the nature of the portrait slider format.
    Based on what some other Torch users are saying, they have received perfectly solid Torches. Infact, my first Torch (with the sticky trackpad) had a very solid, flush slider.
    09-18-10 03:11 PM
    Got mine on release day at 10AM. It is a Mexico 5 build and is perfect in all respects.
    09-18-10 06:20 PM
    My apologies, I stand corrected. He owes me the $10 btw.
    Haha, no one took the bet so I sent the $10 to @alkit. Sorry @Dvx67
    09-19-10 09:45 AM
    I guess I spoke to soon about my Torch not having any problems. Within a few weeks, my first Torch developed a touch screen calibration issue. I could tap the screen on one side and the adjacent icon on the opposite side of the screen would light up or activate. The same would go for the touch screen keyboard. I would press one letter and get another. ATT was great and fixing my problem. I took it into one of their device repair locations and they fedex'd a new one to me over night. I couldn't complain about that.

They funny part was the tech looked through all the spec's and the help files looking for the same think I looked for. "A possible way to re-calibrate the touch screen like you have on laptops where you tap the screen and the device resets itself". Maybe something to think about next time around RIM?!?

10-10-10 06:45 PM
    I should mention I ended up getting a torch. And no, never got even a reply after sending alkit his ten bones. Jeez guy haha
    10-10-10 07:00 PM
    wow this thread is still alive?
    i'm sure the OP has already moved on.
    10-10-10 07:05 PM
    wow this thread is still alive?
    i'm sure the OP has already moved on.
    Hey whatever, I wanted to call him out haha
    10-10-10 07:57 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD