Guys,

Is it possible to enable/unlock the themes for other carriers on OS6 the way we used to be able to do it on previous OS's?

Used to be able to go into the blackberry.xml and delete the _vendorID="xxx" and get the themes for all carriers, but the format of the OS6 xml looks a little bit different, and I didn't want to screw anything up.

Thanks!
    04-13-11 09:21 AM
    I could be mistaken and/or don't completely understand your question but the BlackBerry6 theme is the same on all 9800's regardless of which carrier you have.
    04-13-11 10:46 AM
    Although I haven't tried it, I have looked at the files. While there is one big 4 mb BB 6 theme cod file that is in the OS loader directory, there are also smaller theme files for AT&T, Orange, Telekom, T-Mobile EU, and Vodafone.

My guess is that those are vendor specific menu items, pushed services icons, and maybe even the vendor default background.

But that could be all you get.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by joeldf; 04-13-11 at 11:19 AM.
    04-13-11 11:15 AM
    yeah, thats what it seems like. Not like the older OS's where some themes were completely different. Maybe since the theme maker wasn't really out there when the carriers customized the OS, they didnt bother with the themes too much.
    04-13-11 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD