I traded BlackBerries with someone and did a security sweep. Now it won't let me register my email accounts.
    It asks me what type of account I want to register, and when I select it, it just goes back to setup mainpage.
    Help!
    06-04-11 11:38 PM
    Did your friend contact his/her carrier to release the PIN?

Did you go to your carrier's BIS site and add the PIN of your new device on BIS?
    06-04-11 11:47 PM
    No, didn't know I was supposed to. And, um, what is BIS? heh. I'm new at this.
    06-04-11 11:49 PM
    No, didn't know I was supposed to. And, um, what is BIS? heh. I'm new at this.
    Do you have a BlackBerry data plan? BIS is the data plan for personal use with BlackBerry. You cannot use push email without it. Generic data plans or data plans for other smartphones will not work with a BlackBerry.

Lecture 2: BES and BIS: What's the Difference? | CrackBerry.com

Lecture 4: The Basics of Setting Up Your BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

BlackBerry 101: Lecture 11: BIS Email Basics | CrackBerry.com
    06-04-11 11:58 PM
    Yes, I have a blackberry data plan through AT&T.
    AT&T's website said I need to register for an account, but when i enter my PIN/IMEI it says it can not be displayed in HTML so to try my phone, which says the same thing.
    06-05-11 12:18 AM
    Yes, I have a blackberry data plan through AT&T.
    AT&T's website said I need to register for an account, but when i enter my PIN/IMEI it says it can not be displayed in HTML so to try my phone, which says the same thing.
    You will need to call AT&T. The CSR's will be able to register you and provision your device. They will give you a temporary password, which you will be able to change after they get it set up.
    06-05-11 11:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD