I am trying to figure out how to or if there is a way to change the email address that things are sent from.
    ex- on blackberry traffic you can send an email telling someone what your arrival time is based on GPS. the email automatically gets sent from one of the 5 email accounts that I have on my torch. Problem is, I want it to be sent from a different one.

Another question, is there a way to set the default email account in calendar app? (the calendar app that came with the device) When you schedule an appointment it gives you the ability to select which email account you want to email a reminder from. I want to be able to set it to the same one so I don't need to change it every time.
    04-02-11 02:02 PM
    For your email address, you can log into BIS, and set a "reply to" address for one of your emails, to make it seem like you're sending from a different account. If you don't want to do this for one of your already set-up accounts (as this will do it for ann emails send from that addy, not just bb traffic) then make a new free onw (gmail, hotmail etc...y just for your bb traffic ets's

As for your callendar: goto Options - device - advanced system settings -default services - callendar (CICAL). This is where you set the default email address for your calendar entries.

Find this helpful? Don't forget the "thanks" button, over there ->>

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-11 02:11 PM
    I need a little help i'm trying to figure out how 2 setup my gmail account on my new blackberry torch that i unlocked to work with tmobile every time i try 2 set up my gmail account it tells me that my device cannot connect to server please some one help me
    04-02-11 08:03 PM
    Go to: Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > TCP IP

Change the APN:

For T-Mobile US

APN: epc.tmobile.com
    Username: < Leave Blank >
    Password < Leave Blank >

And save the changes
    crystalmae likes this.
    04-02-11 08:08 PM
    crystalmae, welcome to the CrackBerry forums.

It's considered poor forum etiquette to hijack another thread with a different question. You should have started your own thread.

But, do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan?
    Do you have the TMobile Service Books loaded to the device?
    crackercraig likes this.
    04-02-11 08:08 PM
    sorry for that i didnt know i'm very new to this but i figured it was a thread about emails y not post a question. any way i did change the things that i was suggested still isnt working
    04-02-11 08:40 PM
    sorry for that i didnt know i'm very new to this but i figured it was a thread about emails y not post a question. any way i did change the things that i was suggested still isnt working
    Try logging into your carrier's blackberry internet service website, update / send the service books to your device. While you are in the site, try setting up your gmail from there... You might have to send the service books again once it's set up.

You do have a blackberry specific monthly plan?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-11 08:50 PM
    crystalmae, welcome to the CrackBerry forums.

It's considered poor forum etiquette to hijack another thread with a different question. You should have started your own thread.

But, do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan?
    Do you have the TMobile Service Books loaded to the device?
    I was thinking the same thing.
    04-04-11 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD