I traded my white 9700 for a Torch last week and had to use my husband's 9700 to push the service books since we are Tmo customers. Upon doing this it installed his email account as the default email on my Torch and I can't change the settings. We I go into the set-up for email it shiws there arer 5 email accounts but whhen you click the settings only my 4 show up.. How do I delete his account if it won't show up??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-10 08:03 AM
    Wow. First thing is take a backup with the DM. Next do a security wipe to erase everything in device memory. Once it is up and running again, go to the TMO website via a PC and find their BIS site. Login with your crendtials for your old 9700 not your husbands, recover your password if necassry etc. Use the change device features to update the account with your new SIM unlocked Torch. Push the service books and you should be good to go. Now using the DM, do a selective "restore data" of only your organizer data (contacts, calendar etc...).

That should fix ya up!

Shannon

09-11-10 10:30 AM
    Open options/servicebooks and delete all the servicebooks for his and your email accts. Reboot the phone and try email setup again.

09-11-10 12:21 PM
    This won't work on T-Mobile. They don't have browserconfig servicebooks for the 9800.

Wow. First thing is take a backup with the DM. Next do a security wipe to erase everything in device memory. Once it is up and running again, go to the TMO website via a PC and find their BIS site. Login with your crendtials for your old 9700 not your husbands, recover your password if necassry etc. Use the change device features to update the account with your new SIM unlocked Torch. Push the service books and you should be good to go. Now using the DM, do a selective "restore data" of only your organizer data (contacts, calendar etc...).

That should fix ya up!

Shannon

09-11-10 12:22 PM
    Then follow the unlocked Torch sticky to get everything working.

09-11-10 01:08 PM
    Ok.. I have a back up of my 9700 allready in DM.. Can I just restore that on my unlocked Torch?

09-11-10 03:17 PM
    grrrr>> i tried to no avail. i made a back up> removed the email settings then restored and bam!! the dang email is still there!!!
    09-11-10 07:32 PM
    follow the sticky.
    09-11-10 11:16 PM
    Don't use DM for this. Go into options/servicebooks on the blackberry and dete the servicebooks for his email accounts and yours, then reboot the phone. Then open the email setup app and setup your email from scratch.

grrrr>> i tried to no avail. i made a back up> removed the email settings then restored and bam!! the dang email is still there!!!
    09-12-10 06:41 AM
    Don't use DM for this. Go into options/servicebooks on the blackberry and dete the servicebooks for his email accounts and yours, then reboot the phone. Then open the email setup app and setup your email from scratch.

Worked perfect! Thanks~

09-12-10 06:44 PM
    No problem. From this point on when you backup your blackberry in desktop manager it will backup all of 'your' servicebooks (not his) and if you restore you'll be all set.

09-12-10 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD