Anyone getting the fancy new email icons for yahoo, gmail or hotmail on of6? If so, how? I have sent service books as well as deleted then re-added the account... Nada.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-10 07:35 PM
    I only have the "fancy" hotmail folder. I put them all in a fancy folder I call "email" so they don't clutter the screen! :-)
    08-24-10 07:39 PM
    so you do have the new BIS icons or not? you hiding them is so not the point of this thread.
    08-24-10 10:10 PM
    What 'new' icons?
    08-24-10 10:46 PM
    This has been an on-going issue with our 9700's and now the 9800 Torch. Sometimes the custom Yahoo icon is there for email and sometimes it's not. It seems to vanish randomly by itself or after a reboot or battery pull. Resending the service books usually fixes it. However for the last 2 days the default blackberry globe envelope icons have been showing on both my wife's 9700 and on my 9800. Sending the service books does not restore them. I was told by AT&T Blackberry support that it's a Yahoo issue which sends the icon which an estimated solution date the first week of September I don't remember the exact date. I think the custom icons are service book related just like the AT&T bloatware that if deleted returns each time service books are sent.
    08-24-10 11:03 PM
    They stay put on my 9700s running 862. This is why I ask.

08-24-10 11:15 PM
    This morning at 8 am the purple Yahoo envelope Icon re-appeared for my AT&T Yahoo email account on both My 9800 Torch and my Wife's Bold 9700.

For the others having this same issue resend your service books and see if it returns your Yahoo AT&T Yahoo icon.
    08-27-10 08:17 AM
    i got some strange white and red icon for my person verizon account folder.. used to be just a regular one?

what gives?
    08-27-10 08:27 AM
    so you do have the new BIS icons or not? you hiding them is so not the point of this thread.
    I only have the "fancy" hotmail folder. I put them all in a fancy folder I call "email" so they don't clutter the screen! :-)
    I believe I did answer.
    08-27-10 08:29 AM
    i got some strange white and red icon for my person verizon account folder.. used to be just a regular one?

what gives?
    All of the email clients are making there own custom folders and pushing them to your phones. Just like a Launcher like Crackberry's puts an icon on your screen.
    08-27-10 08:31 AM
    Najo, actually no you did not and I did not need an explanation. A simple yes or no would have been fine.

Anyway, BIS is now pushing them. The one for Verizon is new though. I'll have to look at my OS5 devices that have a Verizon account.

08-27-10 08:48 AM
    I've always had the "fancy" icons for Yahoo, GMail, etc. Never lost them on my 8310 or my new Torch.
    08-27-10 11:35 AM
    Najo, actually no you did not and I did not need an explanation. A simple yes or no would have been fine.
    Ok let me rephrase then.. YES, I DO HAVE THE "FANCY" HOTMAIL ICON.

This is a forum, people tend to add suggestions, if everyone answered yes or no it would not be very informative, quit being a *****.
    08-27-10 04:00 PM
    Ok let me rephrase then.. YES, I DO HAVE THE "FANCY" HOTMAIL ICON.

This is a forum, people tend to add suggestions, if everyone answered yes or no it would not be very informative, quit being a *****.
    Try answering the question direcy next time instead of beating around the bush. Better yet not at all if its my thread or post with that attitude.

08-27-10 04:24 PM
    Anyone getting the fancy new email icons for yahoo, gmail or hotmail on of6? If so, how? I have sent service books as well as deleted then re-added the account... Nada.
    OK dude, I am not going to argue with you over this trivial matter. The fact is your question was do you have the "fancy" icons? I replied that I do have the "fancy" Hotmail one. So your question was in fact answered. Then I mentioned what I did with mine as this is, once again, a forum and someone may be interested. If you are that pretentious to believe that people should only answer your specific questions and nothing more, well then that is very sad.

Have a great day.
    Last edited by Najo; 08-27-10 at 09:10 PM.
    08-27-10 04:33 PM
    You too and that's not my opinion or stance.

08-27-10 04:54 PM
    i have the yahoo mail icon but not gmail. does gmail have their own icon rather than the generic blackberry globe? cause that's what my gmail icon looks like -- just the generic one. did gmail update their email icon recently? if so, how can i make it appear on my torch? or will it just automatically update itself?
    08-27-10 07:45 PM
    AOL Gmail Yahoo Hotmail push their own custom icons. If it matters that much a battery pull should cycle the new ones upon boot up
    08-27-10 08:43 PM
    just did a battery pull but my gmail inbox folder icon did not change. it still stayed as the generic blackberry globe folder. can anyone confirm that their gmail inbox folder icon is a specific gmail inbox icon rather than the generic one? if so, any ideas on how i can have that appear on mine? thanks!
    08-27-10 09:54 PM
    Here are the AOL & Yahoo icons..... I don't use Gmail or Hotmail
    08-27-10 10:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD