Hello,

when I receive an email it doesn't alert me. Either with the LED light, the vibration, nor sound alert. Of course all settings in the sound department are ON and loud....
    Loving the new Torch after the Storm....and wanna fix this tiny flaw ASAP!!!!!! ;-)

Many thanks for any help!!!!
    10-12-10 05:08 AM
    Have u tried custom tactile alerts and turned the led on for email on all your email acc.? Have never had an issue with any OS be it .141 up to the current .246 with any notifications.

Options > Sounds and Ringtones > Sounds For Selected Profiles > Messages > Email Acc.
    10-12-10 05:31 AM
    Thanks Homer,

I know this is bizarre. I have had no problems like this in the past, and this seems either a silly mistake or a major flaw somewhere. All alerts and led and sound and vib is ON, loud....all other alerts (text, BBM, social etc.) work fine....just email is reluctant to alert me!!!!!!!
    Still no solution!!!
    Thanks everyone!
    M.
    10-12-10 05:41 AM
    i would try wiping and reloading the OS then.. step by step instructions can be found on one of the stickys in this forum. been on crackberry religiously since i got my torch(been around a while here and there since owning the curve) and i havnt seen any issues like yours ...yet. So i would have to say its an OS glitch and prolly reinstalling might help. on a side note have u tried a simple battery pull?
    10-12-10 05:48 AM
    Yup, tried all 'basic' solutions!!!! I am not home for a few days, that's why I was trying to avoid a resotre settings or OS reload solution. Which means I won't fix it until a get home.
    Just a bit disappointing.....after the hype of getting the upgrade! It just seems such a silly flaw!
    Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!
    10-12-10 06:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD