Just had my torch for a few days and the earpiece just died..got it fixed today about 140$!!! FML..they changed the thin piece of crap ribbon that apparently id between the slide mechanism..

did this problem happen to anyone yet???
    01-10-11 10:36 PM
    You just got it and had to pay $140 for a hardware problem? Any Torch should still be covered under warranty since it hasn't been release for more than a year.
    01-10-11 10:39 PM
    Y no warranty claim?? Weird!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-11 03:59 AM
    Mines quieter than it should be because there are tiny rust and metal fragments in it (I'm a mechanic). The speaker is like $8 but I haven't figured out a "safe" way to remove the digitized (glass front)
    01-11-11 07:00 AM
    You had the device for a "few days" and you didn't return it for a warranty exchange?

Instead you payed an additional 140 bucks to have it repaired when it shouldn't have cost you a penny?

You do realize the device is warrantied from your carrier for 30(some carriers are 15) days. Within that time you can take the device back for an exchange for any reason. After that period the device is warrantied from RIM for 1 year after the initial purchase. Granted you may get a refurb if going the RIM route, but a refurb is better then a non working device.

Not very smart in my book.
    01-11-11 07:56 AM
    unless he bought that phone on ebay.
    01-11-11 08:50 AM
    unless he bought that phone on ebay.
    Either way its warrantied from RIM for 1 year. Could have gotten a refurb or brand new device if there was no physical damage, instead of paying 140 bucks to fix it.
    01-11-11 08:54 AM
    And unless the phones was fixed by an authorized repair center, he now has NO warranty.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-11 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD