Has anyone here made that jump? I had the 9700 before my current phone (9780), I've used this for about a month now & it feels like I haven't changed phones -_- I was running OS6 on my 9700 too. I'm really considering the Torch as a replacement & might probably put up my Bold 4 for sale here soon.

-[n3rve]

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-11 07:44 PM
    Well i went from 9000 to 9700 that very alike but since I got then torch never looked back big screen touch screen virtual and qwerty KB its fast and battery life rock.
    I unpluge my at 6am today I been playing music from noon to 5 pm sending email bbm making call and now its 8:16 pm and i have 50% really i cant ask for more until today maybe in a year torch 2 or 3 here i come!!!!!
    I'm using virtual kb it rock jejeje I love it

02-09-11 08:18 PM
    Both the 9700 and the 9780 are great devices but the Torch makes better use of the full potential of OS 6, IMHO. I had the 9700 and can only imagine how much better the 9780 but having the large touchscreen, trackpad and more than decent physical keyboard is so much better. I have not looked back since and doubt that I will go back to the bar form factor even with a touchscreen. The screen real estate is so much larger on the Torch without being huge like some of the android devices.

mark_rivers19 likes this.
    02-09-11 11:12 PM
    Both the 9700 and the 9780 are great devices but the Torch makes better use of the full potential of OS 6, IMHO. I had the 9700 and can only imagine how much better the 9780 but having the large touchscreen, trackpad and more than decent physical keyboard is so much better. I have not looked back since and doubt that I will go back to the bar form factor even with a touchscreen. The screen real estate is so much larger on the Torch without being huge like some of the android devices.

I agree with jcp.

I had the 9700 as well, and made the switch to the torch. Haven't even looked at my 9700 which I still have.

I totally get what you mean by feelling like you never switched phones with the 9780. My friend feels that way too about hers. But like jcp said, OS6 just seems more adept to the Torch's big touch screen IMHO.

02-10-11 05:45 AM
    i had the 9780 used it for a month also
    it was amazing .. my friend offered to trade phones he had the torch
    and he had it for 2 weeks but he didn't like the touch screen
    so i did and am using it now its really nice but its alot of work
    from the touch screen to the typing and all that
    and what BOTHERS me the most is when you r on the phone and all the sudden
    the speakers goes on bcz you touched it with your face lol !
    02-10-11 07:38 AM
    What jcp said. +1 to everything in that message.

I went from the 9000 to the 9800 and have not looked back. The form factor of the 9000 had some advantages but the large screen, touch, and keyboard make the 9800 a real winner in my hands.

Kick the tires and see for yourself. There are lots of us happy 9800 owners out there these days.
    02-10-11 07:43 AM
    I dumped my 9700 just this week.... and got the Torch...

Im glad.... feels like a totally new phone... new experience.... i actually enjoy playing music and watching videos on this phone---- ( my 9700 i never did that).

The keyboard for me feels alittle better then the 9700.... but my all time fav will always be the 9000.

The only con i've had so far-- is poor battery life. So i have to pick up an extra battery---- and just try to keep it plugged to my desktop during the day...
    02-10-11 08:26 AM
    Went from 9000 to Torch. I did not give up the 9000 by choice. I started with a negative attitude towards the the 9800 after reading a lot of peoples' sad tales here. Had ATT offered the 9780 I would have got that. I'm very happy with the 9800 and consider it a stroke of luck my 9000 went away before ATT offered the 9780. The touch screen is a huge functional improvement.
    02-10-11 09:30 AM
    I loved the 9700 and love my 9780 even more. I've honestly jumped back to the Torch no less than 4 times since I've had my 9780 but never made it more than two days. Just something about the 9780 that feels more "productive" to me I guess.
    02-10-11 10:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD