Everytime(almost everytime) I leave my house I lose my BIS connection. It appears to happen when I get outside of my WIFI range. Turning the mobile connection off then back on restores it. Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-11 10:27 AM
    Battery pull with phone on.
    Resend service books
    Call your network carrier if there are network issues

11-08-11 05:35 PM
    I have tried all three. This is an ongoing issue. I just noticed turning off WIFI I lose BIS.

11-09-11 07:00 AM
    Have you installed any apps recently? That might be corrupt. The reason I ask is because I didn't have access to BIS recently and I tried all sorts of things, even contacted my provider but I eventually fixed it buy reinstalled Blackberry App World 3.0 which I had recently upgraded too. Not sure how App World has an impact on my access to the BIS server but it fixed the issue for me.

Another thing you wish to check, while it may seem obvious, is that 3G service is activated in the mobile network options. If it is just set to 2G, not sure how well BIS will work with a GPRS connection on a Torch. If I move outside of a 3G area, I also notice that the BIS symbol disappear.

Thirdly, you could try swapping out the SIM card as well with you provider and see if that has an impact.

Taking a few stabs in the dark here, but I know whats it's like to not have a working BB and I would basically try anything to get it up and running properly again.
    11-09-11 07:19 AM
    My wife and I are having the same issue. I find that if I turn off the Mobile Network antenna and turn it back on I can then connected back to the BIS.
    11-10-11 06:52 AM
    It seems to be fixed now although too early to tell. I deleted my WIFI profile from the phone. Restarted router and hooked back up to the WIFI.

11-10-11 08:32 AM
    If problem reoccurs, consider wiping and reinstalling your OS

11-10-11 06:47 PM
    It will be one if two things, service book issues or network provider issues. Chance you maybe in a blind spot with your provider where you struggle to get service. What are your reception bars like? Cause I know if I go to one of my friends houses there in a blind spot and I only get gprs and lose BIS connection.

11-10-11 08:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD