I need help. I dropped my Torch in water, I quickly took it out of the water and took the battery out, but I did something stupid afterwards, I took the battery, popped it back into the phone and tried to turn it on to see if it would work, but I completely forgot about putting it into rice first and waiting a few hours before turning it back on again. I don't know if it's fried now or what but I'm pissed since I don't even know if it has insurance (I got it as a gift for my birthday). I have it in a plastic baggie full of rice but at this point I don't think that it can be saved, so you think it can work?
    11-18-11 06:13 PM
    I have had it work before but is more like a day or two before you turn it on again.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-18-11 06:21 PM
    My daughter dropped hers in the toilet haha. And I told her to put it in a bag of rice like you have and after I think three days put the battery back in. It turned on and worked perfect. Yes she did wash it off too! I dropped mine in five gallon bucket of paint and fished it out, washed it off and did the rice treatment and it works. I use A Samsung Convoy for work, an industrial grade phone.
    11-18-11 06:46 PM
    You never know. I dumped a big glass of water all over the keyboard of a laptop that was on. I pulled the battery, let the water drip out, and tried to dry it with a hair dryer (not on hot). I turned it on soon thereafter, but it turned on with the screen turned green. I waited a few more hours, turned it on, and it worked with no problems! That was almost five years ago! It's still in everyday use. So, you might get lucky.
    Last edited by T�nis; 11-18-11 at 09:22 PM.
    11-18-11 06:54 PM
    Leave for a minimum of 72 hours ie. 3 days and with luck it should come back to life.
    Have done the same thing the longer you leave it in rice the better.
    11-18-11 07:01 PM
    fried the device by popping in the battery back in.g luck trying the rice trick but its not a certainty it will turn back on.
    11-18-11 07:34 PM
    For future reference, this is the proper method.

http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...ht-way-318876/
    Scott403540 likes this.
    11-19-11 12:23 AM
    Success For Me!!!
    So my phone fell in the tub (stupid me, had the phone in my bra trying to unstop the tub) anywho i put it in rice(after putting the battery in and out numerous times and plugging it up to the wall for a split sec FAIL DONT DO THAT!) So I thought rice wouldn�t work! I admit I jumped the gun and tried the battery out a couple times and it didn�t work. After 48hrs i just a assumed it was dead until i plugged it up to my computer and opened the blackberry desktop hoping i could retrieve so numbers off it and to my surprise after like 15min it came back on. So I quickly backed up everything and used it the whole day and the next morning it was dead again so i repeated the same process and it came back on. So im pretty sure its the battery that�s going bad and im going to get a new one. So just too let you guys no there is hope if only the blinking led is lighting up after its dried out try letting it charge for 10 15 mins and see what happens. Its worth a try if you think its completely dead!
    08-28-12 12:46 PM
    For future reference, this is the proper method.

http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...ht-way-318876/
    I love that person's sense of humor...I laughed my off at his sarcastic comments!
    08-28-12 04:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD