Hi,
    I have an Iphone currently but I'm thinking of getting a Torch. Do you Torch users recommend it or not?
    04-09-11 09:41 PM
    Here's a Torch review I found on Amazon, it's a bit long but it's also a good read.
    Don't forget to read the users 'Update post' at the end.

Also, 465 of 473 people found the following review helpful.

The link to the review is found here: Customer Review: BlackBerry 9800 Torch

Side note: I normally do not post replies with links to sites other than CB but Amazon is a trusted site and the review is actually extremely helpful. Just wanted to mention that. :P
    Last edited by californiablackberry; 04-09-11 at 10:04 PM.
    04-09-11 09:51 PM
    nooooo stay with the iPhone!!
    (i dont like my torch lol)
    04-09-11 09:55 PM
    If it were a matter of only what's available today, I'd say yes I highly recommend the Torch. But we're a few months away from the next gen devices, including th Torch 2, Bold Touch, and others, all with some pretty kick-a$$ specs. If you're thinking of switching, it's very much worth waiting until those devices come out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-11 09:56 PM
    I personally LOVE my torch, but I have been using blackberrys for quite a few years now. I love having a full keyboard as well as having a virtual one. Blackberry messenging is by far the best. Social Feeds app is also great as it keeps you updated with facebook and twitter notifications and is an RSS reader too. Office documents are no problem with blackberries also with Docs To Go pre-installed and Emails come in in an instant. The Torch has You Tube pre-installed which is nice. And the media player is by far the best that RIM has put out so far.
    Hope that helps make a decision a little easier.
    Oh yea... Blackberrys have frequent updates (leaked) and they can be unlocked to work on different carriers.

04-09-11 10:11 PM
    I love my Torch and do recommend it, however like was mentioned above, wait a little while. There are a bunch of new phones on the horizon including the Torch 2. You would be better off with that than jumping in now and then thinking "should've waited". I'll be looking into flipping my Torch for the Torch 2 when it comes out.

04-10-11 07:43 AM
    I definitely do, although, Like the others, I'm always jonesing for the next great phone . I can say that I have done some droppage of mine and it has kept on ticking (scratches and all).

Hi,
    I have an Iphone currently but I'm thinking of getting a Torch. Do you Torch users recommend it or not?

04-10-11 08:03 AM
    I love my Torch as well, but to be honest, my next device will be a candybar form factor. Touchscreen isn't something I like or even use on the Torch. I just hate fingerprints on my phone and I'm extremely comfortable with the trackpad navigation and the physical keyboard. That being said, it's been an amazing phone. I've had no problems with it. No lag. No freezing. Just been a wonderful, smooth, fast-working device.
    04-10-11 08:19 AM
    I have a Samsung Captivate and it's a superior feature phone, but I always find myself wishing I could be using my wife's Torch for actual phone calls. Always take a Blackberry over anything else for a phone...everything else is a toy
    04-10-11 08:26 AM
    Wait for the torch 2!!!!

04-10-11 09:08 AM
    torch is great, but wait for torch 2 if you can.
    04-10-11 09:25 AM
    I would also wait for the new torch to be released.
    04-10-11 09:50 AM
    I agree wait for torch 2. Torch is great though. Wife has an iphone 3gs and it is a good phone, but I love the qwerty keyboard. I like the iphone screen, it looks bigger. If you are big on email, I would go with torch. Can't speak for the iphone 4 but the 3gs email does not update unless you check the email app. But torch email is similar to text messages meaning it will let you know about incomming emails immediatly.

04-10-11 10:59 AM
    It depends when the Torch 2 comes to Puerto Rico, surely? Released in the summer in the US may not mean released in the summer elsewhere.
    04-10-11 01:36 PM
    I love my Torch, but if you're used to the iPhone you may have trouble adjusting.

04-10-11 02:26 PM
    Everyone keeps advising to wait for Torch 2. The only thing is that with many carriers the Torch 1 is only $$99 or less under a new contract. The Torch 2 will be at least $300 to start , so the realistic question will be if its worth the extra $$.
    04-10-11 02:50 PM
    i love my torch, i always new i would never get an iphone, bb ftw
    04-10-11 03:10 PM
    I regret ever leaving Blackberry, the ooh's and ahh's of Android have worn off and don't make up for the lack of functionality anymore
    04-11-11 03:20 PM
    i love my bb, especially the torch.

I found that when i was on the ipone (years ago) i could not sync my calendar and had to manually input everthing both on the pc and the phone... then, when the time change happened, it changed all my events by one hour. after talking to the rep at the store, who said it would happen twice a year without fail, i left that crummy phone at the store and came home with my first berry. there's been no looking back ever since...
    04-11-11 05:51 PM
    I highly suggest keeping our iphone until torch 2 or qnx handhelds.(not that the torch is bad or anything its a great device, but why get one now when there will be a new one in 5+ months tops.)
    04-11-11 08:18 PM
    I love my Torch, but if you're used to the iPhone you may have trouble adjusting.

I've had 2 blackberries before switching to Iphone. I like the Iphone but I'm somewhat partial to Blackberry

04-12-11 07:53 AM
    Thanks all!!

04-12-11 07:55 AM
    I bought an iPhone 3GS back in 2009 which I didn't like all that much so I decided to buy a torch a week ago. The torch is amazing and much better than the iPhone in my opinion. The reason why the iPhone is so successful is because of the App Store. The iPhone is the best mobile gaming device on the Market at the moment but if you use your phone for primarily calling and texting and have little interest in gaming on the device then you can't go wrong with the torch.
    04-12-11 08:06 AM
    I do recommend the Torch, under some conditions. I've had pretty much all the top-end Android devices (MyTouch 3G, N1, NS, G2 etc.) as well as every iPhone since the 3G (including the 4 I just sold).

If your truly messaging centric, you will not beat the BlackBerry on any other platform, Droid Pro makes a good effort at taking the BlackBerry form-factor into Android, but the screen falls short, and so does everything on the software side of things.

However if your looking for something that'll play Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja and run a bunch of "time killer" apps, The iPhone or Android will be superior, this isn't to say BlackBerry won't get there soon, but for the time being, it is superior in games, and time killer apps.
    04-12-11 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD