So I've had this torch for 3 maybe 4 years and I have loved it since the day I got it. However it HAS been a long time and its getting to where a lot of pages won't load because they're too big, always having to close tabs, etc. I want a keyboard and I really would miss the trackpad. I use it way more than the touch screen. So I went to ATT and I got talked into an IPAD mini. (I don't have a computer at home and ddont really want one). This way I get to keep my phone with the keyboard and trackpad that I love, and can play on internet and do other computer type stuff with iPad mini. So I get home and my nephew is schooling me on it. I got a plan with 10 gb and this little wifi thingy (since I don't have internet access). Well he downloaded 2 games and I they would not download unless he turned on the wifi. Neveer had any probs with the torch and I only have 2gb which I never go over even when I leave the internet up all night. Well just downloading those 2 games I have already used up 2gb in less than 24 hours! Is my torch really that much better with data than anything new that is not blackberry? I'm taking the ipad back. I'm thinking maybe if I get one of those giant phones like a galaxy maybe I woyld just get used to the keyboard. I wanted a bold but I waited too long and they don't have them. All of the salespeople talk me out of blackberry because they are going bankrupt etc. The guy I bought mt torch from tried to talk me out of it too, but I bought it anyway (my first ever blackberry and smartphone) and like I said I've loved it ever since. Sorry this so wordy. What do you all think? Should I just keep this torch and deal with the closing pages and having to close tabs? Thanks everyone.
    01-12-14 12:01 PM
    If you are thinking of a giant phone why not research the Z30 by BlackBerry.

The battery life is incredible, as well as the speakers. The keyboard is possibly the best touchscreen keyboard on a phone, and the browser on BB10 is very good, you will not have any trouble loading webpages, I constantly have 10+ tabs open at a time and it works perfectly.

You've been through the salespeople bs before, don't let them stop you from buying what you want.
    deptech likes this.
    01-12-14 12:06 PM
    Thank you. I hadn't really considered that because I figured the Q10 would be better with the keyboard. I was concerned that would not like the swiping motions. I use this torch one handed all the time but maybe I could get used to it. The Z10 does look nice. I feel bad bc this girl was nice and spent 2 hrs with me, but she should have been a bit more up front about the data usage. Im sure its unusual to not have a home computer or internet access so maybe she didn't know how ast it use it up. If I was normal and had a computer I think I would have really liked the ipad.
    01-12-14 12:30 PM
    Well I just took everything back and got charged $70 for restocking. (Grrr but oh well). I was looking at the Z10 and also the nokia lumia 1020, which is giant and I can keep my blackberry email with it. Seriously considering the lumia but not going to impulse buy since I just threw $70 down the drain.
    01-12-14 02:28 PM
    You might like the virtual keyboard on the Z10. Don't judge something you haven't tried and used. People have found that the virtual keyboard is Better than the qwerty.
    01-12-14 02:41 PM
    Thanks calicocat. I was trying them out and it was a jumble of mistakes. I was trying to type as fast as I do on torch and as fast as I see other people using virtual. I guess if I start out slow and just keep at it I will get fast without so many mistakes. I do remember reading that even with the Z ad Q blackberry you can't use the blackberry email. Maybe I misundderstood and that's not true.
    01-12-14 02:57 PM
    It actually learns as you go and it gets better at auto correcting

Alsolo $70 stocking that's harsh where did you purchase?

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 03:24 PM
    I have a Z10 and in its in getting repaired (new ear piece) and they gave me a Q5, nice phone with the physical keyboard, but i cant wait to get my Z10 back as i can type far more faster and with one hand. So my advice is a Z10 or Z30.
    01-12-14 03:33 PM
    Highly recommend looking at the Z30, the extra screen real estate means the keyboard is also larger. As far as the auto correction, start slow, allow it to learn, and eventually it will predict your next word and you can begin using the swipe functionality which will make you a faster writer.

Posted using my beloved Z30 on 2.2.1.1925
    01-12-14 03:45 PM
    Thanks everyone. I didn't even know there was a Q5 or a Z30. Used to get on cb constantly when I first got the torch but now I'm out of the loop. I thought $70 was pretty harsh too. Got it at ATandT. I think they were half irritated with the return but too bad. I did get the home phone device since its $20 a month and the device was free, so I hope that works out. Paying $40 now and can't even use it for long distance. I know I should just get rid of the home phone alltogether but I'm very slow at changing things in my life that I get comfortable with. Thanks again for all the advice. Need to look into the Z30 and play around with it and the Z10.
    01-12-14 04:43 PM
    I think I've decided to find a 9900 oon ebay or something. Thanks my fellow crackberryers!
    01-12-14 11:25 PM
    I think with the blackberry email you can still use it just set it up as a different email address. I don't use enterprise so I can't tell you the new email address .
    Uglyindian likes this.
    01-13-14 12:20 AM
    I also loved my Torch. After switching to the Z10, I forgot all about it. I recently started up the Torch and it seemed like using an eight track cassette in comparison. Truly, you will forget all about your doubts when you master the Z10, Q10 or Z30.

Posted via CB10
    Uglyindian likes this.
    01-13-14 12:49 AM
    The Z30 is not available on AT&T unless you get an unlocked version. However the Z10 is free on contract (I think) for AT&T right now.

The Q10 is still $200 to my knowledge, but I think it's worth it. It's a lot more durable than the Z10 and the battery lasts a whole day (still a bit down on my 9800 which could last two, but worlds ahead of my 9900 which could last half a day).

BB10 takes A LOT of getting used to, but after two months of having it (6 months now), I could never go back. But since you said you're slow at changing things in your life, I'd take a long time considering it.

Also, you say you're going with the Bold 9900, which seems like it'd be great for you. That phone was fantastic compared to my Torch 9800 (and I miss it sometimes), but the only thing I recommend is getting the spare battery and charger bundle from the CrackBerry store. I used it every single day!

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    01-14-14 03:04 PM
    Thanks for that info. I went ahead and got a 9900 from ebay and it was shipped yesterday. Pretty excited after all this time. I wanted one when they came out but was still under contract. Not signing another one because they irritated me with the restock fee. It wasn't my fault; I don't think anyone would reasonably accept using 2G in 20 minutes. Yep I've never had a home computer and I still have a tube tv and even use my vcr so I think I will be fine with it lol!
    01-15-14 05:45 AM
    My new used 9900 has arrived! Very excited. Now I just have to learn how to transfer everything. :-D. Thank you all again for the great advice.
    01-17-14 12:07 PM